Author Topic: TIE/In Interceptor (Complete)  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Color scheme should definitely stay rebels=red, Imps=Green. Asort of orangey red or yellowy green for blasters might work though.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aRaven

Well, the colour of weapons SHOULD depend on the type of ship and weaponary...the Lambda Shuttles for example shoots red lasers and a Star Destroyer on the rebel/new republic side shoots green laser, unless the weapons are exchanged

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
As seen in ROTJ the Interceptor fires solely green lasers.  Remember that the 4 blasters/2 lasers armament is an EU rationalisation.  In the movie both appear identical.  I'm all for changing the size of the blasts (which vary quite frequently in the movies anyways) but changing colour is a step beyond the movies, which show them all as green
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Shade

Size, brightness, sound etc. I don't mind varying, but if you ask me TIEs (and other imperial starfighters for that matter) should shoot only green. The only exception being Ion cannons which the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games taught me are white/blue no matter who shoots them. Don't think those are ever seen on fighters in the movies though, so not exactly canon.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Yeah, Ion cannons are only seen once, as fired by the rebels on hoth, and it's more reddy/purple than blue
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
IIRC, one of my friends along time ago said the rebels didn't have access to some more expensive gas used in laser generation, so their lasers were not as powerful, which could explain the difference in color.  Not sure of the source, though, but he had a ton of books etc, etc about that.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I think we're ready to call it done. 

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I think we're ready to call it awesome.

Are we talking just LOD0 here? If not (i.e. if you've got all the lods and debris and whatnot) get it poffed up and uploaded to internal. The sooner we can start getting a shipset of any size ingame, the better.

[EDIT]Just noticed the capacity for 10 gunpoints. Nice :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:42:08 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Seriously awesome. Good looking TIES are at the core of any space starwars game, and you're nailing these ships down to a science. Nice.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Seriously awesome. Good looking TIES are at the core of any space starwars game, and you're nailing these ships down to a science. Nice.

Agreed.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL