Author Topic: Connection issues  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I have been lately suffering from minor connection difficulties with HLP (and GW). These happen seemingly randomly. At times after refreshing or while going somewhere i get instantly notified like the page wouldn't even be there. Usually when trying to connect a missing page that notification hits only after waiting for a while but for hlp it has been instant.
Code: [Select]
'Problem loading page'

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.hard-light.net.

Also page can appear colorless. Some times colorless and with screwed up formatting. Some of the icons may be missing. In the beginning of the line there may read 'no new posts' instead of the icon. Highlight images may be out.

Same issues occur with FS wiki.

Error appears randomly and may change or disappear on a refresh and it doesn't seem to appear at times at all. Any ideas? Or is there just something funky going on with my connection/ISP though i haven't seen similar probs with other sites. Has any one else had similar probs?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I'm not seeing any problems with the server, so it might just be on your end (ISP or whatever).  Has anyone else had a similar issue that you know of?