Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 245161 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, by lighter, I presume you meant easier-to-see, which would actually mean making it darker. Which I've already done, just refresh again. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
that works too :p i like it  :yes:
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ghosting buttons don't work on Chrome 10.0.648.204 on Windows 7 32 bit, HP Pavilion dv4-1275mx

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Another problem with the sig expansion I didn't articulate earlier is how long it takes for it to disappear. I don't like that it expands when there is nothing more to see (that is a small annoyance), but the fact that it often expands an empty sig over the reply button and I still have to wait 1-2 seconds for it to disappear before I can hit the reply button drives me up a wall...  :doubt:
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I got used to the old scrolling signatures pretty easily. It's amazing, because all I needed to do was position my cursor on the left side, in the poster name column, and magic happens.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ghosting buttons don't work on Chrome 10.0.648.204 on Windows 7 32 bit, HP Pavilion dv4-1275mx

That's my exact setup (software-wise, at least), and it does work. Did you force-refresh?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Also doesn't work using the exact same version of Chrome on XP SP3...  You mean F5?  EDIT: Oh, wait, now I see them... they're just so dark I can't really make them out... prolly the brightness on my laptop was turned down.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Just thought I'd pop in and say that on modern browser, the sig still pops up instantly, no delay.

...if this isn't happening for you, and you've already tried to clear your cache / force-refresh, let me know what OS, browser, and browser version you're using.

I'd thank you for the info, but there is none; "modern browser" tells me nothing. ;)

Generally speaking, because sigs are often useful, we retain the functionality on the forums. However, the previous implementation of a limited-height scrollable area would interrupt scrolling under certain, not-uncommon circumstances, so I've been experimenting with alternatives. I wish the current method allowed for expansion to the sig's native height, but it doesn't. The previous method, where the sig expanded instantly, did adapt to each sig's natural height, but since sigs were popping on and off as one scrolled around, it got the hatchet. I could probably use javascript to get the desired functionality, but I'm not ready to resort to that quite yet.

On another note, I hashed out a change to the post action buttons (quote, reply, etc). You should see a dark "ghost" of the buttons on posts that aren't being hovered over, and they'll pop into normalcy when hovered over. Lemme know what you think.

Sorry.  Windows 7, Internet Explorer, IE9.  No ghosts either.  At all, not just hard to see.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry.  Windows 7, Internet Explorer, IE9.  No ghosts either.  At all, not just hard to see.

IE9 works for me, although I had to force-refresh (CTRL-F5) to reload the stylesheet.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
By "ghosting", do you mean the "Report to Moderator", "Logged" and "Quote" buttons being blacked out when your cursor isn't over them? Yeah, I'm getting it on this end.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

IE9 works for me, although I had to force-refresh (CTRL-F5) to reload the stylesheet.

That did it.  I can't be the only person who didn't know that though. :\

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
New(?) issue: viewing Marcov's posts causes the Highlights to go back by 2 years.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That happens for private messages, too.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It happens while browsing Who's Online as well.

Poor Marcov has nothing to do with this.  ;)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I've noticed that; I thought it was a feature so that old announcements wouldn't be forgotten.  :rolleyes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've noticed that; I thought it was a feature so that old announcements wouldn't be forgotten.  :rolleyes:
Lest we forget. :)

Offline Shade

Found a new issue. On the "Who's Online" page (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=who;sort=time;show=all;start=0), any pages beyond the first will show an old set of highlights at the top rather than the four most recent.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This bug seems to pop up everywhere!

The hooks, so deep...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I have no idea why the highlights do that, and it doesn't help that I can't duplicate the issue... :-/

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Check the messages from any member and navigate to other pages != than the first one, like the 2nd or 20th.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=883;area=showposts;start=20

el hombre vicio...