Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 245334 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Can we add #FreeSpace to the list of IRC channels?

Done

(also, it's spelled Mibbit not Mibbet :P)

Corrected
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Capital S in all instances of "Freespace", please.

There may also be other mod channels besides #bp. It may be wise to add them to the list of IRC channels as well.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Sheesh. 'S' now capitalized.

And I can add the others, sure. I'm only aware of Diaspora, FoTG and Syrk, are there more?
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
The HLP interview channel(s), maybe?

Also, Wing Commander: Hostile Frontier is missing from the hosted projects list...
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Hostile Frontier added, sub'd off WCSaga. Unless you prefer it outside of that, I can oblige.

Hadn't though to do the Interview channel, but a good idea.

¤[D+¬>

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
So, I found an issue with the drop down links.  The menus will not drop down if the menus are above any part of the HLP logo/text, such as will happen if you have a browser window that is too narrow or if you have some zoom turned up.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
"External Sites" links to whatever HLP URL you are currently viewing and adds a # to the end of it: (tried on http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73803.200# , http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=unread# , http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=mlist# )

Chrome 11.0.696.68 on Win 7 SP1 32-bit ; yes I refreshed.  (Hit F5 like 10x)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So, I found an issue with the drop down links.  The menus will not drop down if the menus are above any part of the HLP logo/text, such as will happen if you have a browser window that is too narrow or if you have some zoom turned up.

Confirming this for IE and Firefox 4.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I know what is causing the menus to not work; it's likely to happen in all browsers & platforms. I'll look into a fix.

As for the External Sites link, there's not much to do about that until there's an external sites page, but I'll see what I can do.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
HLP menu is missing link to HLP Mantis and mainpage. As such I also believe the FS Wiki link should be under HLP. Specific links to certain topics or wiki articles could be under FreeSpace. FreeSpace Open Installer probably should be under FreeSpace as well.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
HLP menu is missing link to HLP Mantis and mainpage. As such I also believe the FS Wiki link should be under HLP. Specific links to certain topics or wiki articles could be under FreeSpace. FreeSpace Open Installer probably should be under FreeSpace as well.

I can add the Mantis Page. The HLP Main Page is gotten to by clicking directly on HLP, which should probably be changed since it is supposed to be the menu nav header.

Wiki can be moved in under HLP as well, I don't see a problem with that, especially since the Wiki does contain more than -just- FreeSpace material.

The Open Installer -was- originally under FreeSpace. However, in order to better raise it's prominence and to make it easier to direct people for where to acquire it, it was felt that having it as a top level item would be better. And it is on the far right to better allow side pagination for sub links in either "External Sites" and under "Hosted Projects" (without them going off the side so much out of the browsers drawn frame).

¤[D+¬>

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The Open Installer -was- originally under FreeSpace. However, in order to better raise it's prominence and to make it easier to direct people for where to acquire it, it was felt that having it as a top level item would be better. And it is on the far right to better allow side pagination for sub links in either "External Sites" and under "Hosted Projects" (without them going off the side so much out of the browsers drawn frame).

:yes:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Nav bar not displaying over the logo is now fixed; refresh.

EDIT: And now it displays over the advertisement, too. :p
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:42:50 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Yay! I'll probably finish up filling things in and what not by later today then.

¤[D+¬>

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Thanks! It's encouraging not to be the only one working on this thing. :p

Offline FSW

Two issues on my Android browser:

Images in posts are poorly displayed. I can only see the left-most part of the image, and am unable to scroll right to view the rest.

At the top-right of each page is a notification saying 'smartphone: widescreen'. Pages are displayed in this mode even if I tell my browser to pretend to be a desktop browser.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'll try to fix the image issue.

As for the "smartphone: widescreen / portrait" thing, first off just be aware that it's there purely for dev purposes. It indicates which CSS stylesheet is being used by the media queries. What this means is simply that the determining factor is not how the browser identifies itself (desktop / mobile), but how wide the browser viewport is.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Dunno what you folks just did, but there was a brief outage.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

The site DNS went wonky. And apparently, the domain name needs to be re-registered.

¤[D+¬>

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

And apparently, the domain name needs to be re-registered.

I said yesterday on irc that the domain is renewed automatically.