Author Topic: Authorize Wonz  (Read 4151 times)

Oh yeah I remember that gif idea, I didn't know it was actually being seriously considered. Unfortunately, Photoshop CS whatever doesn't come with imageready anymore, so I couldn't help with that, you would have to figure something else out, like one of those online generators.

Unless anyone can make flashes, or turn .anis into .gifs, or could provide prepared images to somebody who would have a method of creating .gifs (mjn.maxael probably would).

And I realize it's a bit past the image captcha stage, and I might have actually seen this here, but check this out:

(via http://strix.org.uk/ransom)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I mean that rather than random words in the scroller, we use FS2 quotes. If spambots are capable of recognising the 3rd word in a quote from a 12 year old game then we should just give up modding and get them to do it. :p

Plus picking the 3rd word in the sentence requires a skill level much closer to human skills than typing out the whole thing.
Fair enough, as long as we can get rid of the admin approval already. And lower complexity of the standard SMF captcha a notch, the current one is hard to read and it still doesn't do anything to counter bots.

In addition, I would keep captcha enabled for posts and private messages for accounts with less than 1 post. Meaning captcha is required if you haven't posted even once yet. So even if an actual human registers a bot, the account can't be given over to a bot right away.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay, Admin authorization is turned off and the new animgif system is in place. Let's see how that works.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

buy v1@gr@

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hmm, seems LordPomposity's account has been haxx0red. Time to ban him.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq