Author Topic: Guideline / ruleset revision - Last chance to comment for now  (Read 24939 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Guideline / ruleset revision - Last chance to comment for now
This is going to leave a huge hole in moderation. Why isn't IRC affected at all? It is part of HLP, just like the Wiki.

No, it isn't and never has been. IRC moderation is a lot looser than forum moderation, and has been that way since forever. We basically only make sure that the Esper terms of service are enforced, and ban the occasional spammer. What you do on IRC has no relevance to the forums and vice versa (except for particularly egregious cases).

(Also, Mobius, as far as I am aware, you're not one of the IRC regulars. Maybe you should make sure that a problem exists there first before calling for changes in how it is run? Just a thought.)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Not to mention that the HLP mods not necessarily being mods on IRC has been that was since literally ever.  I see no reason to change it.

As for IRC, it's not affected at all. This covers the forums.

This is going to leave a huge hole in moderation. Why isn't IRC affected at all? It is part of HLP, just like the Wiki and the forums.

And much like the wiki it has its own parallel administration which works absolutely fine.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.