Author Topic: Sunday morning downtime  (Read 1513 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Sunday morning downtime
What's the maintenance window?  I run my nightly build script at 0500 CDT, that's 1000 UTC right now I believe, and every week the nightly build has been failing to post.  My best guess is that this post attempts to happen at around 0700 CDT, or 1200 UTC, since on Windows the script takes a while to get all the builds together and then upload them all.  My best guess is this is a regularly scheduled downtime, so I'm just trying to find out what the window is so I can adjust my task scheduler to make the builds at a time when the post can occur successfully.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Re: Sunday morning downtime
Maintenance window for what exactly?  The HLP site itself or the SVN I'm running?  Unless someone has implemented something that I missed or didn't tell me, the HLP site as a whole shouldn't be down for anything.  The forums might have some automatic thing set up, but that's it.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It would only have to be the forums to block my nightly build script from posting.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Well, lets see.  The HLP machine is eastern time, and most of the forum schedules are set to fire off at 7PM, and of that, there is just the "Daily Maintenance" that runs every day, again at 7PM eastern, that might interfere
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
isnt there a backup that runs sundays, I know this often interferes with my access and the only time it happens
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, that's the one chief was referring to. That job usually takes a couple of minutes to run.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah, that would do it.  Thought it was something like that.  Anyone have any idea what time window that's been taking up these days?  Or I can just try moving my script around in 30 min increments until I find a good spot.