Author Topic: Kick Ass  (Read 1433 times)

While I'm complaining about things I'll bring this up as well. It's a dumb gimmick, it's amusing perhaps the first time you use it, and if you click it accidentally it gets in the way and will happily **** up your page irreversibly. It doesn't need to be attached to every damn post on the site.

This is especially bad on mobile, where it doesn't work at all, gets in the way even more and is even easier to accidentally click.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I will use Kick Ass on whoever makes that feature disappear.... cause it's awesome. Refresh fixes your page... OR, just don't use it if you don't know how to get back.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I don't think I've ever clicked it by accident, even on mobile. Seems like a bit of harmless whimsy to me, personally.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I am mildly curious about how one accidentally clicks on it in the first place.  I could see if it was near another frequently-used function, but the only other thing within striking distance is the report button, and that's (ideally) not something most people click all too often.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I am mildly curious about how one accidentally clicks on it in the first place.  I could see if it was near another frequently-used function, but the only other thing within striking distance is the report button, and that's (ideally) not something most people click all too often.

On a mobile screen, I can well believe it, because god knows I've accidentally hit everything else dozens of times. Having to be careful where you put your finger to scroll is a problem.

It makes sense this would be the one hit most often from that standpoint, as it's difficult to see on the background unless you've got a cursor in that post, and it's the option closest to the center of the screen; normally safe space for scrolling up-down by putting a finger there.

If those are more easily visible on mobile rather than the color-changing trick for the regular site it'd probably be better.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The button was originally meant to be temporary, but people specifically asked for it to be kept.

Remove it from the mobile interface, at least. You can't even use it on a phone.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.