Author Topic: [FA] Campaign 3 Mission 4  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
[FA] Campaign 3 Mission 4
Clicky

It's not finished yet, haven't added a debriefing and right now it seems far too easy, but here's what I've done so far. It's a pesky tripod link so it'll need to be copy/pasted into the address bar to download.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
1. Briefing might need to be redone. It seems a bit "unofficial" :)

2. Loadout: change the numbers of ships & weapons available.

3. Set a background for the mission

4. libra2pop is useless. Its set to "true" so it always happens, and you could simply put it in the ship information, rather than as an event.

5. Same with the libra1 one (0:04 is most of the times before the player gets the in-game screen). If you want to simulate an ongoing battle, just change it individually for each ship in the ship info boxes.

6. If you want Beta 1 to be unable to die in the mission, add a ship-guardian before the "set-invulnerable". Only this way, you can prevent having it killed by a "single hit", taking down its 100% with one hit.

7. More messages and a RTB message/directive (you'll need another chained event for that) would be nice.

Else than that, good work. The structure is clean and simple, there's little or no typoes or grammar problems, and the events seem to work as they should and are linked in an useful way.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 09:37:35 am by 1317 »
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I haven't played the mission but I did like the use of radio chatter in the mission. However you need to take more care that ships sending the messages haven't been destroyed.

Apart from that I pretty much agree with Lightspeed :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Lightspeed

1. Briefing might need to be redone. It seems a bit "unofficial" :)

2. Loadout: change the numbers of ships & weapons available.

3. Set a background for the mission

4. libra2pop is useless. Its set to "true" so it always happens, and you could simply put it in the ship information, rather than as an event.

5. Same with the libra1 one (0:04 is most of the times before the player gets the in-game screen). If you want to simulate an ongoing battle, just change it individually for each ship in the ship info boxes.

Hmm. If you're talking about 'Destroy before mission', that doesn't seem to work for that. Firstly it won't let me use that for individual ships in a wing, and secondly if I disband the wing and use it anyway then the ships never arrive at all, breaking the mission.

Added a background, although it's more of a placeholder at the moment. I think I'll redo the briefing later once the mission itself is done.

6. If you want Beta 1 to be unable to die in the mission, add a ship-guardian before the "set-invulnerable". Only this way, you can prevent having it killed by a "single hit", taking down its 100% with one hit.

Ah, thanks.

7. More messages and a RTB message/directive (you'll need another chained event for that) would be nice.

More messages when I've worked on the rest of the mission. Added an RTB directive.

Link updated with new version.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn

Hmm. If you're talking about 'Destroy before mission', that doesn't seem to work for that. Firstly it won't let me use that for individual ships in a wing, and secondly if I disband the wing and use it anyway then the ships never arrive at all, breaking the mission.

No, i'm talking about the hull percentage settings in the ship info.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Er? They're not supposed to be dead as soon as the player gets there...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You can set the hull percentage to whatever you want so that you simulate the craft being damaged when the player arrives in the mission.

Simply got to Ships Editor for Libra 4 (or whatever ship) > Initial Status and then alter the Hull and shield integrity values however you see fit.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Fecking Double posts.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Libra 1 and 2 are already damaged that way. I set the SEXP to kill them incase the friendly AI didn't get to them before the player got too close.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Aha. I see what you're up to now.

Is there any reason why you want them to die so quickly? If not just reduce their initial shields a lot more and the AI should take care of them in a much less artificial way.

Making sure a nearby friendly is pointed at them will also help :)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Righto, that seems to work just as well anyway. Link updated again.

Don't think I'll be able to get any more work done tonight, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to add more stuff.