Author Topic: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement  (Read 71952 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement
I think Earth could be moved closer in the Nemesis mission. I loved how it took up a large portion of the background in the original mission, giving a really dramatic setpiece to end the EA war.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's a reason for that you'll find out later :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Mid-mission jumps with it getting all bigger and stuff? I saw an Earth model on the ships list.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Het-ka and the Vasudan rebel subplot is gone, the SOC side story won't appear at all (neither will their fleet)
So I'm guessing the missions where the Het-Ka and the SOC ships (Diablo engagement) appear have been adjusted or removed as the case many be.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The only thing I'll say is you have more to do after 'Nemesis' and the Earth model isn't for that.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
So I'm guessing the missions where the Het-Ka and the SOC ships (Diablo engagement) appear have been adjusted or removed as the case many be.
The 'Diablo' encounter is entirely different now.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
This project, as dubbed INF R1 Upgrade, is a fusion of the old R1 modpack plus INF SCP stuff prior to 2011 plus completely new stuff.  So as for now, the moniker INF SCP is used for a project not even in planning yet.  INFA and INFSA are on backburners.

One of my favorite features of the campaign is that it will use HTL versions of pretty much every Shivan fighter and bomber out there, plus a few proprietary ones.  Capital ships are nothing less than epic, and dogfights will keep you busy for hours on end.

-R

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh wow. :eek:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
:yes:
Where's Andro's LRABeam when you need it?

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Is there any chance of the SOF Banshee returning as a regular GTVA fighter? That's a great design that deserves to be refurbished.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is excellent news! :yes:  I will very much look forward to this new release. :nod:

(Except I thought Inferno R1 was released in 2003?)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
(Except I thought Inferno R1 was released in 2003?)

Correct.  But work started back in 2001.

-R

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Is it Christmas? Might as well be.
2011 looks like a great year for FS2, and this just confirms it. Truly awesome.

I see something about Ancients there. Will that campaign be related to ASW?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:49:49 pm by Jellyfish »
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Is there any chance of the SOF Banshee returning as a regular GTVA fighter? That's a great design that deserves to be refurbished.

It is a great design indeed, so keep your hopes up.

Is it Christmas? Might as well be.
2011 looks like a great year for FS2, and this just confirms it. Truly awesome.

It can be a Christmas release, but it could also be released this summer if enough people from the Community offer their time to help us.  But nevertheless, 2011 will be a great year.

-R

* perihelion applauds
Way to go, guys!  You rock!   :yes:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Doko

Having not played inferno r1...

What can I expect from a gameplay perspective? The trailer is an eyecandy explosion but how is the player supposed to do anything meaningful with such huge ships besides getting on a bomber and killing some beam turrets?

I realize all missions are (hopefully) not a giant (yet beautiful) cluster**** of capital ships but the trailer sure made worried that this could end up turning out to be a cinematic experience rather than a FS campaign.

Considering the fact that I remembered virtually none of the ships except the Nemesis, perhaps I should play R1 again..... :lol:
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This project, as dubbed INF R1 Upgrade, is a fusion of the old R1 modpack plus INF SCP stuff prior to 2011 plus completely new stuff.  So as for now, the moniker INF SCP is used for a project not even in planning yet.  INFA and INFSA are on backburners.
Can it get any more confusing? :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What can I expect from a gameplay perspective? The trailer is an eyecandy explosion but how is the player supposed to do anything meaningful with such huge ships besides getting on a bomber and killing some beam turrets?

I realize all missions are (hopefully) not a giant (yet beautiful) cluster**** of capital ships but the trailer sure made worried that this could end up turning out to be a cinematic experience rather than a FS campaign.

Large capship battles will be a balance of destroying smaller supporting cruisers, taking out turrets and keeping your own capships safe so that they can destroy the enemy. You won't be asked to take out a Juggernaught with a single wing of bombers, but if you just sit there and watch, the enemy fighter and bombers will do a number on your ships, making it impossible for them to defeat the EA or Shivan ones.

Large field capship battles are few, I took that type of footage for the trailer though since 3-5 seconds clips of dogfights wouldn't do those justice, plus in most cases we haven't got the upgraded EA fighters in game yet due to lack of cockpits so we would of been showing the older versions. We'll show more of that type of stuff in any future trailers.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Here's a rough development timeline:

In 2001, Inferno was born and campaign was partitioned into three releases: R1, R2, and R3.  In 2003, INF R1 was released.  With the rise of the SCP, we decided to fuse R1, R2, and R3 into one new release, known as INF SCP, whose development went on sporadically for the next several years.  It was put on the backburner as focus was transferred to Inferno: Alliance (or INFA) and its sequel INFSA once INFA was released.  Last year, a team member brought up resurrecting R1 and bringing it to modern standards.  Various plans were looked at, and we ultimately decided to fuse R1 with what we have in development for INF SCP into a new release that will complete the R1 story arc.  This is our currently active project: Inferno Release 1 Upgrade, or INFR1U.

-R