Author Topic: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement  (Read 71957 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement
The team would like to officially announce our 10th anniversary remake of Inferno R1, which is more than just an upgrade of the original campaign, it is also the completion of the main campaign story, that's right Inferno R2!

Official Site:
http://inferno.hard-light.net/R1U/

Official trailer 1280*720 avaliable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8OHGBEpks

Screenshots: (also avaliable on the website)

FAQ
What is this Inferno anniversary release?

This is a enhanced remake of the original R1 Inferno campaign using updated assets with full FSOpen compatibility

Is this Inferno SCP?

No, this is a direct sequel to Inferno Release 1

Is this a standalone mod?

Yes, like INFSCP and INFASA the Inferno 10th anniversary release does not require a FS2 install or any additional files to run

What are the main differences between R1 and this?

Below is a list of the main differences to the original 2001 release

1. New upgraded models with many new high poly additions
   2. Replacement of lower quality or broken ships that no longer work correctly using FSOpen
   3. Full FSOpen compatibility, including use of SCP specific features
   4. New weapons and new weapon effects for old weapons
   5. Improved missions, fixing errors and general quality in some areas
   6. New missions expanding the R1 'EA War' campaign
   7. A 'R2' ending involving the Gigas invasion of GTVA systems

When is it coming out?

Our intention is to release near the end of 2011, and it will feature the entire main campaign not split into chunks this time

Ships/Mod Related

Are all the ships from R1 in this version?

No, due to time and the fact that some ships are either broken or are not needed, not everything in the R1 modpack is included with this release. However there are plenty of new ships as well as the upgrades of previous R1 ships and some INFSCP models

Are the SOC/Ancient fleets included?

No, since there will not be a separate SOC campaign the SOC content was removed from the mod. The Ancients however may be added after the initial release period as an additional campaign and download

Did I see some original FS2 ships?

Yes, some of the original FS2 ships are featured in the campaign alongside the new ones

Campaign Related
How long is the new campaign?

The current combined R1+2 campaign is over 30 missions long, more than double the original R1 release

Will it be heavily story driven?

No, it is our intention to have this version of the mod to play more like classic FS2 like the original R1 did

Other
Is there anyway I can help?

Yes! check out our recruiting thread
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74230.0

We need help in upgrading some of our ships still as well as weapons and we will need mission designers.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement
No, this is a direct sequel to Inferno Release 1

SCORE

Awesome news guys, I think this is the best possible move you could've made.

Holy crap. That trailer was awesome.  And I echo the support for this decision, INF SCP sounds great and all, but I want to see the sequel to the first FS mod I ever played. :yes:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
:jaw: Help me, I can't find my jaw!
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I like the polygons

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Thanks guys :)
As you can probably guess the recent upgrades and stuff in the eyecandy thread are for this project. We've still got a lot of ships to upgrade though, and there's a few we haven't shown publically yet.

Each screenshot there is a seperate mission so currently 1/3rd of my initial script is playable, though we plan to add some more missions to it.
Weapon upgrades haven't started yet, but I've upgraded the more basic things like the explosions and such to mediavp standard already.
The original plan was for a pure upgrade of just the R1 campaign, but I complained enough :lol: and got my own way to expand it to actually complete the original storyline, something that's been bugging me for quite some time.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You are a hero.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
i dun made you a high-light

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Woohoo... this is equal amounts unexpected and awesome :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
YES. At long last, the awesome of Inferno shall rise again! 2011 looks to be a good year...
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In relation to the INFR1(Post-SCP Patch), can you post which ships have been deleted and if so, what new ships have replaced them?  For example, while its contribution to the original R1 plotline was minimal, the Het-Ka did make an appearance, though unexplained.  Will you be retaining that storyline and thus either a Het-Ka upgrade or replacement?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Cool!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Holy crap, this news is completely out of nowhere.  :eek2: I'm really excited about this.  R1 is pretty much the granddaddy of all full-tilt "FS2 sequel" projects, and it's great to see it revived like this. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
In relation to the INFR1(Post-SCP Patch), can you post which ships have been deleted and if so, what new ships have replaced them?  For example, while its contribution to the original R1 plotline was minimal, the Het-Ka did make an appearance, though unexplained.  Will you be retaining that storyline and thus either a Het-Ka upgrade or replacement?
The Het-ka and the Vasudan rebel subplot is gone, the SOC side story won't appear at all (neither will their fleet)
We did try to keep as much as possible, big thanks to Betrayal there for the upgraded Boreas and Icelus, saving the Icelus from the cutting.

Quick top of my head list of whats not there
GTF Vesuvius
GTF Cyone
GTF Keres
GTB Sabus
SOC anything
GTCv Alexandria
GTFr Vela
GTDI Titan
EACa Telemus
Practically all the Vasudan meshes except the Cairo
SC Raguel
SC Abel
SFg Damini
SCa Shiamak
SPD Vinnashak
SI Hara

and yes even with all those cuts there is far more content in this release than the last :)

New stuff from INFSCP includes:
small carrier types, Lenaeus, Auriga etc
new stations including the entire arcadia/arcas extensions line
upgraded INFSCP versions of ships, Gigas, Apothess, Odin etc
new shivan stuff and upgrades of previous ones
new EA ships not even featured in INFSCP such as the Basileus featured recently
actual use for the Jotun, no Notus however since its uneeded now
ballistic weapons, railguns, plasma weapons, bomber specific primaries

Offline mr.WHO

You guys just LOVE to mind**** us with multitude of those acronyms.

Let me ask this straight - 10th anniversary is separated from INF SCP and INF:A or is it a part of INF:A SA ??

If INF 10th is separated from INF SCP then what is the relation between both storylines ? Alternative storyline or INF SCP will be the sequel of INF 10th storyline?
I'm quite confused.

BTW those Darkness corvette missile salvo is uber cool :)  .
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:26:51 pm by mr.WHO »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No acronyms, just 'Inferno'

it's R1, not INFSCP, INF:A can kind of fit with it
INF SCP for the moment is suspended but when it goes ahead again it's supposed to be a more 'story driven' version of the main INF campaign. However things may change from now to then.

There's only 4 of us working on this full time so both INFSCP and INFA are on the backburner for now so that we keep the deadline of 'this year'

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
 :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: OMG GUSH overload! awesome news!!

So is the storyline for the EA war roughly the same as R1 or has it completely changed?

Also i cannot wait to see what the new Phobos will look like as it was an awesone corvette. Will each side have specific weapons ie it always bugged me in Fs2 that terran, vasudan, Shivan all used the same flakk weapon. Same with the vasudans using terran turrets.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
So is the storyline for the EA war roughly the same as R1 or has it completely changed?

Also i cannot wait to see what the new Phobos will look like as it was an awesone corvette. Will each side have specific weapons ie it always bugged me in Fs2 that terran, vasudan, Shivan all used the same flakk weapon. Same with the vasudans using terran turrets.
Its roughly the same, but has more missions, at this current time Nemesis is mission 17 instead of the 14th (since 1 R1 mission was removed) and it will probably be pushed back further later.

The new Phobos hasn't been started yet, but it should be good

Each race has specific weapons, shivan flak looks shivan, shivan bombs look shivan, Vasudan flak is different to standard Terran flak, Vasudan fighters use entirely different weapons to Terran ones

Offline Snail

• SC 5
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

Inferno is back!