Author Topic: Mods only partially loading  (Read 1104 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Mods only partially loading
So I find myself in the unenviable position of being a veteran of this forum for a number of years, having offered little morsels of advice when people have issues with the game only to find myself having an issue which is perplexing to say the least.

The issue I am having is that the engine is only partially loading mod data.  Tables load fine as do retail models but no high def stuff and I just cant figure out what is happening.
So far tried using my own custom mod which is when I noticed the issue, FSport 2014, Mvps 2014 and BP Complete

I am on a GoG install of FS2 which was fixed by Goober's installer which also installed all mods aside from my own

command line is as follows
D:\Games\Freespace 2\fs2_open_3_7_2-DEBUG.exe -mod bpcomplete,mediavps_2014 -nomotiondebris -missile_lighting
-3dshockwave -post_process -soft_particles -fxaa -fb_explosions -dualscanlines -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge
-ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -3dwarp -snd_preload -ambient_factor 75 -spec_exp 11 -spec_point 0.6
-spec_static 0.8 -spec_tube 0.4 -ogl_spec 60

I get the same issue on 3.7.2 and 3.7.2 Debug

See attachments for FSPort, MVP_2014 and BP Complete logs

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Mods only partially loading
The BP error is caused because you're not using the build linked in the BP release thread. Use that and see if the error goes away?

As for what you're describing, you're saying that when you launch the game with MediaVPs_2014 selected as a mod, you don't see MVPs content?

Offline Yarn

Code: [Select]
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\Freespace 2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Assets.vp' ... 0 filesYour MV_Assets.vp file got corrupted somehow. Download it again from the release thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86475.0
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Code: [Select]
Searching root pack 'D:\Games\Freespace 2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Assets.vp' ... 0 filesYour MV_Assets.vp file got corrupted somehow. Download it again from the release thread: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86475.0

That would certainly be reasonable, I will let you know how it turns out
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Ok, that seems to have done it.  tried the installer again and it gave up on assets again so manually downloaded the file and that fixed it.  Cheers guys.