Author Topic: Saitek X52 Joystick and SCP problem  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Tzampa

Saitek X52 Joystick and SCP problem
Hi everyone !  :)

I'm the proud owner of a Saitek X52 joystick, and I used to play FreeSpace 2 *classic* with it.

Today, wanting to play a *better* Freespace 2, I dl and install SCP (build 367). I configure my X52 in the laucher (v5.3) and launch the game...but the joystick doesn't work. It's just like I've unpluged it. But when I launch another game, or just use the Win XP Calibration app, everything is ok... :sigh:

I got only the X52 on my system, no other gamepad or adaptator.

Thanks for helping me  :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Saitek X52 Joystick and SCP problem
Try the Force options on the audio/joystick tab.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tzampa

Thanks a lot, with the Force 1 option, everything work !  :D :yes:

But why ? :nervous:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats odd, i dont have to use the force option with my saitek x52. it just apears there in the drop down list.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Tzampa

It appear on the down list for me too : Saitek X52 Flight Stick (USB)...but don't work  :shaking:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
by some quirk your stick might not be set as the perfered device in the joystick control panel, that might throw it off.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN