Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64249 times)

Offline redmenace

Gah. STILL no music. :mad:

Seriously. When are you guys going to fix that issue? I want to play FS2 with music so that i can refresh my memory with plot details as I write my stories damnit!! :( :no:
Do you want me to compile a DS build?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Seriously. When are you guys going to fix that issue? I want to play FS2 with music so that i can refresh my memory with plot details as I write my stories damnit!! :( :no:

Use the 9/17 version if you want to play normally. That build is really nice and works well across the board without any major problems.

Do you want me to compile a DS build?

derek smart build? :confused: :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

don't use time compression 8x and above. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Seriously. When are you guys going to fix that issue?
As far as I know the previous issues have been fixed and you seem to be the only one getting no music.  It's either the music files themselves (as it doesn't properly support 16-bit 11,025Hz files for music), or it's a system related issue.  Music works fine for me as of the last couple of bug fixes so I doubt it's a general code issue.  I've still got one more fix to go into CVS but that only affects certain files and would only fix stuttering/static.

Offline redmenace

DS=Direct Sound
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Derek Smart build :lol: nice!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CaptJosh

Ok, for many many builds, so many that I can't tell you how far back it goes, I've been getting a bug with video playback in OpenGL. When I try to bypass the intro vid, it just hangs after I hit escape. It also just hangs if I let the video play to the end. Is this mantised right now? Or should I enter a new bug?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Ok, for many many builds, so many that I can't tell you how far back it goes, I've been getting a bug with video playback in OpenGL. When I try to bypass the intro vid, it just hangs after I hit escape. It also just hangs if I let the video play to the end. Is this mantised right now? Or should I enter a new bug?
Pretty sure it's Mantised already.  I've just never been able to replicate the problem in order to fix it.  But the current movie code is going to get ripped out when I get the time anyway and this type of thing shouldn't be a problem any more.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/27/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Please someone, test the voice recognition feature to see if it works in these builds.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/28/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm getting a rather major error in FRED with the last couple of builds. It doesn't seem to like Alpha 1 any more. I always get a message like this

Ship "Alpha 1" in wing should be called "Alpha 2"

This happens even with no media VPs loading a :v: mission like Surrender Belisarius.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:wakka: who knew the coding would hate alpha one instead of just the shivans and HoL? :wakka:

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/29/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
 :lol:

That's really weird. Maybe FRED2 has just gotten tired of handing out victory messages for the player?
-C

Well, the bug with the Port mission I mentioned is fixed.

There is however a rendering error that appears after extended play.  Ships get the wrong textures - I think it also affects the HUD, though I can't say 100%.  Got a screencap of it, but it's pretty big (2048x1536).

http://www.freewebs.com/phatose/screen0001.jpg

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
The glow texture actually looks kind of cool.

What are your system specs?
-C

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
There is however a rendering error that appears after extended play.  Ships get the wrong textures - I think it also affects the HUD, though I can't say 100%.  Got a screencap of it, but it's pretty big (2048x1536).
Make sure that debug_filter.cfg exists in your freespace2 folder (if it doesn't just create an empty file), then run a debug build until you get the texture problem, then post the fs.log for me (it will likely be a big file so please compress it).

I'll see what I can do abou running the debug build.

Specs are:
Dual Core Opteron [email protected]
1 GB RAM
6800 GT AGP
MSI K8N Neo2
Audigy 2 ZS

Offline starfox

There are some problems on "As lightning fall" with the latest builds...

When I approach the "beacon 1", "the beacon 2" should be revealed ? This is not happening, making this mission nigh impossible to complete...
Secondy, Is this the "recovery ship" supposedly called via reinforcement command, I can't call anyone.

When I played the mission on the
1/28/06 build, all the beacons were already visible, making the mission "baby snack", but I still could not call that recovery ship, when I reached the NTT Grall.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:38:34 am by starfox »
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Updated!
CVS as of 1/28/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
The voice recognition feature doesn't work. Is it important to use an english version of Win XP to run this ?
I didn't forget to train my voice with the SAPI SDK 5.1. But when calling Alpha, the communication menu doesn't pop up.