Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 2906 times)

I know that that it is a stickied thread, but could someone please help me in trying to install this?  I am still having a hard time trying to install it and I had to do so manually download the files because whenever I tried using the Freespace Open Installer, there was no option to install Silent Threat: Reborn

To install it, you'd create a new directory in your FS2 folder and place all of ST:R's files in there.

Then you'd open mod.ini and add the Freespace 1 Port to the secondary mod list. Here's mine for an example:
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
modname      = Silent Threat: Reborn v1.0;
image255x112 = fsport-str.bmp;
infotext     = As the Great War rages on, you've been commissioned by Galactic Terran Intelligence for special intelligence operations.  Your objectives are to contain the Shivan onslaught and preserve the fragile Terran-Vasudan alliance.  But a series of suspicious events cloud the GTI's spotless record.  Is the GTI setting you up or are the Shivans spreading their evil rage?;
website      = http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/str/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,140.0.html;

[multimod]
secondarylist = ,Freespace1port;

"Freespace1port" should be whatever your FS1 Port folder is named.

Then select in the launcher and all should be well.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
That won't work if you want to use MVP content though - which if he's using the FSO Installer I'm guessing he does. ;)

instinctepyon:
There's a step by step guide on installation at the bottom of the release post here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,59120.0.html

Follow those steps to install Silent Threat: Reborn, the FS Port and the Media VPs to get the most out of the game. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Actually I am using MVP content... my Port mod.ini has the Port medias on its secondary list.

Couldn't remember if I had set it up that way or if it came like that though, which is why I didn't mention it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
As far as I know, the launcher will only use the mod.ini from the directory it's set to in the mod tab rather than mod inis it finds in primary or secondary mod folders.

Also, there's the precedence problem - the order of the folders as they're loaded must go: fsport_mediavps -> fsport_str -> fsport -> mediavps or else you WILL get data conflicts. The difficult to detect types of conflict too that cause docking errors and the like. :(
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

*checks installation*

Odd. It was working...

EDIT: NOW I remember what I did! I had the fsport medias mod.ini link to STR, the Port, and to the regular medias, meaning that loading the fsport medias as a mod gave me the Port as well as STR!

A bit messy perhaps, but it wasn't working any other way. :blah:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:05:23 pm by Dark Hunter »