Author Topic: welcome back ik jester, ik claw  (Read 4656 times)

welcome back ik jester, ik claw
hey all great to be back among frienfds this is ik jester and ik claw should be right behind me hit us up we would love to hear form some of those near and dear to us cheers for now

Offline IK Claw

Re: welcome back ik jester, ik claw
Hello from oz. Looking around :nervous: Are there any of the old tach gang still around  :pimp: :confused:

YO! wazzzupppppp brothas !! The Slippster LIVES!

Saw the FS webpage with all the finished Bora ships! love the 3D viewer built into the webpage, i tried to do something like that myself when i had my website back in 2005...nice work!
id like to download that PAK extractor/ converter what-cha-ma-callit thingy that lets me take the ships out and play with them in a 3D program
is that possible? i have the original Delphy one, but as we all know, it is flawed...

cant wait to fly something again! i still have all my original tach versions from serve to play !

btw i still have EVERYTHING mod wise, ship wise, and map wise  all of DC and Bloodstar and Shadows Lament and all my stuff too ...just FYI...
ALSO- I am offline ( no internet at home) so i cant serve or play the old tach but when i am ill be happy to serve some of the old stuff !

oh and by the way, you will NOT find me on facebook. period end of story. hate FB with a passion.

cyaaaaa

Slippster

HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:08:58 pm by Slippster Starpilot »

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
ello slip...

You know we found Shadow's Lament haunting the Star Citizen forums, she made a new modding site for herself.
I have pretty much everything DC, Blood, SL, and Sonic released.

The extractor still has bugs at this point, or at least 1 which means no caps or bases, and the other isn't really so much of a bug as it just makes
things backward initially. Don't particularly want to release it till those are fixed. It does not have the ability to reimport anything to Tachyon.
We'd probably need the above two things fixed, and a cross comparison of the points found in the files (like eyepoint, thruster point, fire point, etc).
I did some work on that and found some common things but didn't sink any more time into it, as I have to redo all that anyway in FSO.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

hmm star citizen looks cool....but....i dunno...wait n see when it releases, a big buildup for cash atm it seems...and im offline anyways...sooooo...
back burner it til later...as for the extractor ..sounds cool ...no probs..just checking in and saying Hi...i still have a char in Eve Online but havent played it since 2 years at least...sucks being offline...money...bla bla bla...

Have Fun, Yo Jester! hows things? nice to see the ol crew...

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Like JGZinv said, the extractor is still a work-in-progress, and only extracts just enough data for us to work with. There's still a number of data tucked away in the .pak file format that hasn't been decoded yet, and these are the ones that are the rigging structures, armor and health preferences, etc.

There is an issue with quad-based meshes that it exports, because as far as I can tell, the .pak format was tri-based to begin with. There may be a snippet of data in there somewhere that properly links tri's that are in the same quad together, but I haven't found it. I do have an algorithm laid out to try and stitch together the quads, but I haven't been able nor very willful to go through the coding. (It's been a rough couple of weeks).
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

i used to use the Deep Exploration app  to open the files after extraction but the ship's texture skins never looked "right", one of the projects i always wanted to do was to have an offline ship viewer, (and all the other models in the game too), because i had a website devoted to map building tutorials, and the best i could do at that time was make a screenshot viewer after sitting in-game for many hours and making a catalog of all the games objects, bases and ships, and background sky box plates, a very time exhaustive process, but i did it, and it worked very well online...i only had that webspace for one year and i didnt re-up the site, so that was that.
im not a 3D guy, so i cannot help you guys in this aspect, although i cheer you on from the sidelines! Bravo everything i see looks Fabulous!
 Forge on, brave knights!

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Delphy's extractor had many things wrong with it, not just the textures... but yeah, provided I get rid of this blasted cold and have some time,
I've been working on all 39 fighters. The Boras are pretty much done short of tables. The primary GS fighters we'll use will be Carl's versions, but I'm
still fixing the extractions on the originals so they can be used.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

yo slippy nice to see you made it here lol sorry it has taken me a while to reply you know work, family and all of that lol can't wait until you are back online it would be great to get a few more people into game Claw and I have been playing abit of BW lately and it has been limited but great. Keep on keeping on bro talk to you soon