Author Topic: Multiple Input Devices?  (Read 5788 times)

Multiple Input Devices?
Are there any plans to enable multiple input devices for the FS2 Open?  I currently use a Saitek x55 Rhino and Pro Flight rudder pedals for flying in DCS, and I would like to use them in FS2 as well, but I can only select one input in the launcher...

I have looked into PPJoy, but it is not compatible with win-8 x64...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Multiple Input Devices?
If you are willing to shut off driver signing (turn on test mode), you can do it (ppjoy).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2384331

I was able to install PPJoy, but i cannot get it to map my controller.  When i get to the stage to detect axis/button, it never detects.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Working on it in SDL2.0 (Antipodes). Coming to a forum sticky near you.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Thoemse

Any update on this? Vjoy does not work for me either. I would love to use my x55 throttle unit.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
The SDL2.0 Antipodes build should be scheduled right after 3.7.2 is finally released. Any and all help with finishing its RC phase would be much appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:07:43 am by z64555 »
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Thoemse

Great news! Thank you. I got no idea of programming sadly but if i can help with something i will gladly do so.

Try looking for an answer to ppjoy here. I have a Warthog Stick and Throttle and Saitek Pro Pedals along with a few other controllers and joystick cards on my system and use ppjoy for games like FS2. I also use the hacked version so ppjoy sits at the top of the list in the Game Control Panel as this is how games in Windows 7 picks the controller order so a game that only supports 2 controllers might not see ppjoy if it sits in slot three or higher.

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=PPJoy_for_using_multiple_joysticks

Offline Thoemse

Thanks. Sadly it doesn't work. Makes sense since vjoy is based on this i believe.
The axis don't get detected. I believe it is the oculus driver that messes the feeder up.

Offline Thoemse

I haven't checked in on FSO for a while. I have read that multiple input devices are being worked on. Has there been any progress yet?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Still Coming Soon™. It was originally planned that the SDL Everywhere release would be the one immediately after 3.7.2, but then it was decided that it made more sense to have an intermediate release for the new renderer (with deferred lighting and soft shadows). At the moment, there are a handful of issues holding back the start of the 3.7.4 release schedule, but once that's done and 3.7.4 becomes the new stable release, the first order of business will be merging Antipodes into master and resolving any remaining issues.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Thoemse

Thanks for the heads up. I have sold my oculus rift DK2 wich was causing vjoy to glitch. I might as well give vjoy another go and use that as workaround until support is in.

Any progress on this front?

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Antipodes 9 is getting closer to a release, but there's no estimate on it yet.

I've been busy the past few months with life stuffs, but it seems to have settled down enough to where I can get back to work on coding within the next month or so.
chief1983

------------