Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

BFG: Armada II - Nom Nom Space Cathedral Nom Nom Nom

<< < (2/19) > >>

X3N0-Life-Form:
Saw that pop up in my youtube feed yesterday. I'm still curious as to how they are going to balance all these factions. *looks at the Necron*

--- Quote from: Spoon on September 02, 2018, 01:21:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mongoose on September 02, 2018, 01:14:59 pm ---I don't know 40K but did a ship just eat another ship?  Because I am totally on board with that.

--- End quote ---
Is ship vore your kind of fetish?

--- End quote ---
Sounds like something you would find in Kancolle doujinshi...

HLD_Prophecy:
I'm not into 40K but that 'Nid fleet tho. It looks Tyranid for sure but different somehow, not like Hive Fleets I've seen.

EDIT: And the Necrons getting face time. That earns a thumbs up.

0rph3u5:
While I was busy elsewhere, the Devs behind BFG:A2 started releasing the videos introducing the new ship designs:

At least the art direction is solid :)

crizza:
Read a post on Facebook and a guy complained that an imperial battleship had less turrets than on official pictures :D

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: crizza on October 01, 2018, 09:07:50 am ---Read a post on Facebook and a guy complained that an imperial battleship had less turrets than on official pictures :D

--- End quote ---

Tindalos' BFG adaptation and "overeager" fans* complaining that some of choices made for the adaptation being the first possible thing(s), sadly go hand in hand.

I distinctly remember a "conversation" during BFG:A's open beta test with another member of their official forums about the Eldar/Aeldari Pulsar cannons not being weapons that fire automatically but a player-triggered ability. The outrage was high and even among the bystanders some were just not having the "it makes sense because its an incentive systems so players play Eldar how they are supposed to be in the fluff"-argument not to mention the then-speculative argument abouts how it might be warranted by balancing.
(Although I will always tresure the memory of how a datamined tool-tip with no actual info but the variable names - yet somehow containing all the formating code - became a piece of "evidence" :D )

However I think, the fact that Tindalos is allowed - under guidance - to make up the holes in the roster and do make the changes needed to existing designs, is a positive sign that what is right for the adaptation is winning out.

* The defintion of "fan" here being someone whose affectionate relationship with an intellectual properity has become part of their identity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version