Author Topic: Inferno Update  (Read 7470 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here's the updated story I promised. It doesn't go into any detail even if it looks like it does. I still require someone to reskin the Ulysees and Zeus as well as mission designers. Post interest here if you want to test missions too. The campaign focuses on the SSJ Gigas and the attempt to destroy it.
So far 4 missions are nearly complete. 1 in chapter 1, 3 in chapter 2. I might release a demo soon.

Chapter 1: Inferno campaign

It has been eight years since the destruction of the Capella Node which halted the Shivan advance. The GTVA have found it difficult to rebuild after the conflict. With severe economic depression and the loss of most of the fleet, the Colossus and many brave men and women, as well as millions of refugees from Capella. Eight months ago, a historic event occurred, the reopening of the Sol Jump Node. What should of been a time for celebration became the greatest threat to the survival of the alliance. The Earth Alliance (EA) were not pleased we opened the path to their system. Instead of joining the rest of the Terran species they declared war on the GTVA. Their commanders talk about a "cleansing" of the corrupt powers in the galaxy. Even though they use Great War Era ships, with our fleets weakened by the Shivans we have lost many systems to the EA. To make matters worse, most of the Capellan refugees, who where rejected by the other systems in the GTVA, as well as the Capellan Fleet have joined the EA providing them with the latest technology.

The battle for Earth has begun.

Chapter 2: First Encounters

The Shivans have returned. Less than a year later the GTVA is ready to make its final stand. Trapped at Vega they have nowhere to go. However Vasudan scientists realized that there was one hope. Changing the past. Using a Meson reactor combined with a Knossos portal, the power of the gate would not just make a tunnel through subspace, but into the past itself. You are being called forward. You will travel back and change history. Only by changing the past will the future be saved. The Galatea II has been fitted with a Meson reactor, combined with a subspace generator, jumps to different points will be possible. Your mission is to change the course of history so that the GTVA will be saved. However, the Knossos will only work on an unstable node. The GTVA must use the Capella node! If it fails the Sathanas fleet will be able to advance. If this is not done all will be lost. It's do or die time pilots.

Involves the first meeting by the GTI and the Shivans beyond Gamma Draconis.

Chapter 3: The Ancients

Results from GTI research shows the Gigas has appeared before 8000 years ago. The remaining ships use the Knossos to jump back to this time. Investigate the destruction of the Ancients and the disappearance of the Gigas fleet.

Chapter 4: The Strike

With the knowledge to defeat the Gigas, the Galatea travels to just before the Gigas was activated. The battle of Arachnas will be a long one.

Chapter 5: Titans (extra chapter)

The surviving crew of the Galatea and Hades end up in the future because of an overload in the reactor. They meet the future of the GTVA. It's the clash of the Super Juggernaughts as the Terrans and Vasudans attempt to prevent the arrival of a second Gigas in their home systems.

------------------
New Inferno Site

Home of the Shield project.

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Wow...sounds ambitious. And awesome.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The final chapter will now be done. I got the final model I need for it. Expect big ships and big fights  

------------------
New Inferno Site

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's finally time to announce a demo will be in the works. I can't say when it will be done though.
I still need the staff posted earlier but I'm now looking for someone who can make unique weapons for fighters and cap ships.
I will soon require Beta testers before I release the demo. Oh and the mod packs will be comming soon  

I thought it was about time I updated  

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I was bored...so sue me.  Hope you like it.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
I also figured it was pretty appropriate as well.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Woomeister:
I still require someone to reskin the Ulysees and Zeus

Thunder has reskinned the Ulysses as the Ulysses DH, and I think it looks pretty good. I'll let it speak for itself.

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Wow. Shiny  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I think it 0wnz.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Originally posted by Setekh:
I think it 0wnz.
Me too  

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
0wnage has been declared.  Awesome skin.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Sort of looks like a stealth fighter... looks good anyway  

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here's a pic of the one which will be in the first mod pack:

In case you've never seen it before  

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Looks sort of... frozen  

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's a test skin so I could tell it from the original. It looks like it might become the proper skin for it.
It's an all Terran design has 2 primary and 2 secondary banks. It is compatable with most weapons.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For the first time...campaign screenies!  

Derelict Sathanas

Can you take them down?

The galatea secure the Knossos

The Gigas takes on the GTVA fleet

I'll have these on my site soon. Thought I'd let you have a quick peek  
The missions are still betas but comming along nicely.

------------------
New Inferno Site

Inferno Forum

ICQ# 113489495

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Daaang...that's a LOT of inbound fighters. I thought it was gunfire going across the screen at first, till I looked at the radar...

I better have a fast ship on that mission. And someplace to run to.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Ack. I don't want to be in front of the Gigas when that thing goes off. Nice job.  

------------------

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Ill destroye you all!!! *darkage takes a extra sniff of space crack and fel on the floor*

------------------
          [email protected]                    hello,great bb
we all die but when we die we die togheter.
its a good day to die now
all your spacecrak belongs to me:)
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.