Author Topic: Too many games!!  (Read 2446 times)

Offline AlienTermite

• I love... lamp?
Hi everyone,

So I recently ran across a pretty humorous article here, and it really got me thinking about how there really are too many good games that come out on a regular basis to keep up with! This isn't a new problem of mine. I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer, with gaming being a serious hobby of mine for most, if not all, of my life. I own all 3 current game consoles, as well as a nice gaming PC. It seems like every week or so there's some new high-profile game coming out that demands my attention and $$. Not that this is a bad thing (I actually consider it to be a great thing), but between everything else in life there just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with everything, and it kinda stinks! At least I know that I'll never, ever run out of games to play :lol:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Yes, I have the same problem, so I play only a little part of my games, then I range them for further playing... That's an aperitive way of playing , I know, but I'm interested in all kind of games, and 24 hrs a day is not enough to finish them all, especially with IRL work. The exception is for the adventure games like Batman AA, Eternal Darkness, Fahrenheit, TLJ & Dreamfall, Silent Hill... and actually Alan Wake (horrifically interesting to play with my new-bought 5.1 system  :D). I finish them very quickly, running on eight-hours-session  :lol: ...
The fact is these games last veeeeeeeery long for me !
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:29:06 pm by Satellight »
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
It must be so horrible, being able to waste so much money on garbage games that he can't finish the few gems listed. :/

This is like... THE example for the 'Luxery Problem'.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
the newest game i have is C&C 3.  Before that is Crysis and before that is FarCry.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline watsisname

I keep myself interested in only a very narrow range of games.  Thus, I don't suffer this problem.  :D

Descents/Freespaces/Touhous/Metroids/Zeldas/Marios/SSBs/randomselectionofoldschoolspacerelatedgameslikestarcontrol2

and the occasional random awesome games like Portal/Eversion/GeometryWarsGalaxies/ApplesToApples/Ghettopoly
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
This is like... THE example for the 'Luxery Problem'.
QFT

I have a more of a 'To Buy' backlog, since my current play backlog is more of a re-play backlog.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Davros

Too many games!!

Ive never heard so much nonsense  :doubt:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ahhh Deadspace, DK2, Deus-Ex......
Now I've got to start playing those again.
el hombre vicio...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I tend to buy games and make them last as long as I can. I usually replay single player campaigns at least twice or maybe three or four times if they were fun. Usually this is done months or even years later. I do replay my games a lot. I also don't buy that many games so I try to make what I have last.

FreeSpace 2 and then IL-2 have been the longest running games on my computer followed by Battlefield 2.  None of my console games have lasted that long but Halo 2 may be the longest one that I've played.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
^
Ditto. I don't buy many games. I prefer a few who will last me a while. Call em picky.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlienTermite

• I love... lamp?
Davros-- wow!! At least I don't have THAT many PC games  :p. Most of the games I buy these days are just the good console exclusives, or the really good cross-platform games... which I usually buy for xbox 360 for multiplayer with friends or PC for graphics/modding, depending on the game. My backlog isn't HUGE but its still pretty big. Not to mention all the Freespace campaigns I need to catch up on....

Offline Davros

I actually have over 1500

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
i have too many gametes

anyone want any

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Current games I need to play:
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Halo ODST
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Starcraft II
  • Halo Reach.

I have a massive backlog of games that I already have and need to finish:
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Aquanox 1 and 2
  • Mass Effect 1 and 2
  • Quake 4
  • Chronicles of Riddick Butcher Bay and Dark Athena
  • Shadow Complex
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Bioshock 1 and 2
  • The Sims 3
  • Command and Conquer: The First Decade
  • Fallout 1, 2, and 3
  • Rome: Total War
  • Resident Evil 4 Wii bonus content
  • God of War 1 and 2
  • Team Fortress 2
There's also Vagasso's Dirge and Wings of Dawn I haven't played yet, not to mention all the DLC for these games.

Of course I could do all this stuff if I wasn't playing D&D or modding FreeSpace but they're way too addictive to give up.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:38:00 am by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'd say play Metroid Prime first.  Best Gamecube game I ever played.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh, I've played all three games, but I have the Trilogy collection and I'm about halfway through it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Too many games!!

Ive never heard so much nonsense  :doubt:[/URL]

You've got Airfix Dogfighter! :D