Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91850 times)

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I noticed a bug at the end of Resupply and Revelation.  After the objective "warp to new location" (if I recall correctly) is thrown, If you re-arm at that point, CTD results, every time, regardless of build used.

Some voiceacting notes too, I believe that that Beta 1 is accidentally labeled as Command, on the very first few lines on the mission immediately following Resupply and Revelation.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 06:10:41 pm by 1825 »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Sorry for the slight bumpage, but I figured that this would be better off here instead of the voiceacting thread.  I know a few people earlier posted about problems in the second SOC loop, but I wanted to post a few specific ones I had, just in case Blaise hadn't noticed them.  In the second mission, whenever I destroyed the hostile Argo transport that's attempting to dock with the Faustus, the Faustus was also destroyed, even though it's supposed to survive.  There is some sort of chained SEXP expression that's supposed to make the Faustus temporarily invulnerable, but it doesn't seem to be triggering right.  Also, in the third mission, the SEXP string that's supposed to make the hidden AWACS ship visible and send a message alerting you to its presence doesn't trigger properly.  I destroyed the ship, and about two minutes later, I received a message telling me that it was there, followed closely by one confirming its destruction. :p Hope this proves to be useful.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
are you playing in SCP?

no wonder. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Cobra, last time I checked, Blaise's update requires FSO.  It doesn't run on retail FS2.  If there are still issues with one or two missions, I'm sure he'd like to hear about them before he releases the final version. :p

Offline Kragg

Originally posted by Blaise Russel
You all had better tell me any other bugs you've noticed while the hammer's hot, before I pack it all up for the final release...

In the SOC missions, I am unable to change my ship selection. I'm only on the 3rd one so far, but all three behave the same. On the ship selection screen, the icon for my current ship is not shown, so I can't drag another ship onto it to change the selection. I'm stuck with the first ship on the list (Ulysses). I can however change armaments.

If I abort the mission, then choose "Quick Start" to replay it, I am given what I assume is the default ship for that mission (ex, Myrmidon) with the default loadout.

I've seen this (so far) in DL2-04-L1.FS2, DL2-04-L2.FS2, and DL2-04-L3.FS2

I'm assuming it's a mission bug.... If not, let me know where to post it.

Thanks,
Kragg

Offline Kie99

I think you must be using FSO SCP 3.6.  You need to upgrade to FSO SCP 3.6.5, or download some of the newer builds from the Recent Scp Builds Forum

Quote this post to see how much formatting I've used.[/color]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 11:08:43 am by 29 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Originally posted by kietotheworld
I think you must be using FSO SCP 3.6.  You need to upgrade to FSO SCP 3.6.5, or download some of the newer builds from the Recent Scp Builds Forum

Quote this post to see how much formatting I've used.[/color]

better?

Offline Kie99

I meant if you pressed quote you would see the post without formatting. :p

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
For 2 URL tags and some size/color stuff?  I use more tags than that all the time ;)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
What an intriguing discussion going here.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Kie99

:lol: at TopAce

Well it looked a lot when I was typing it. :nervous:

Whee! I just can't get a break with these campaigns, can I?

dl3-04.fs2, "Said the Spider to the Fly..." is where my problems at. It's the mission where you have to scan the Nyarlathotep. After I scan every subsystem, plus the Tulzcha, I'm ordered to retreat to a safe distance and jump out discreetly. Well, I start moving away, and as I move wait for Commands order to jump out. Waiting. Moving. Waiting. Compression x60. Waiting. Moving.

Nothing happens. The Jump out directive never comes, and if I jump out before that, it fails me. Any help?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
Whee! I just can't get a break with these campaigns, can I?

dl3-04.fs2, "Said the Spider to the Fly..." is where my problems at. It's the mission where you have to scan the Nyarlathotep. After I scan every subsystem, plus the Tulzcha, I'm ordered to retreat to a safe distance and jump out discreetly. Well, I start moving away, and as I move wait for Commands order to jump out. Waiting. Moving. Waiting. Compression x60. Waiting. Moving.

Nothing happens. The Jump out directive never comes, and if I jump out before that, it fails me. Any help?

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic on 04-08-2005 at 01:03 AM
Extract mission dl3-04.fs2 using VP-View (or any other effective VP viewer/manipulator program).  Open it in FRED2_Open (make sure you're using the proper -mod command if you're using a mod directory) and select from the ships editor, the SC Zhar (Rackshasa class).  Under its arrival cues, there are 2 requirements, bound with an "and" logical opperator.  One of the 2 requirements should be a check to see if event "Got too close to ares" is false.  Select the "is-event-false-delay" entry and right click on it.  Then select "replace operator" from the drop-down menu, then "event/goals", and finally "is-event-incomplete".  The original event name should be retained.  Save the mission, exit, and replay.  Remember, this ship's arrival is key to the arrival of the rest of its friends.  It will not arrive until 40 seconds after event "command are you listening?" comes true, so be patient when playing it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Many thanks.

FUKOOOOV!

I get this error whenever I try to play the rerelease:

Error: Can't open file New_Hornet.pof
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1543

Thanks for the help! I was playing the old version, but I've reached a mission that's bugged (protect ship evacuation, but shivan fighters show up at the start instead of later on like they should).

Its not finding the model file for the Hi-poly Hornet, it sounds like. It might be a flaw in the tables (BR's tables sometimes seem to upset recent versions of SCP), or you're just plain missing the New_Hornet.pof file.

FUKOOOOV!

Okay, I got it working -- I just reinstalled a few things.

I just finished the campaign, it was good fun.

Where the hell do you get this damned "New_Hornet.pof" file!? I'm still having that problem with the loading the first mission!! Help would be appreciated....:(

Offline Kie99

:welcome:
Marcus Brody.

Airborne, the New_hornet.pof is in Lightspeed's weapons mod which can be found here

Thanks a bunch man. :D