Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91837 times)

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
It fixes a mismatched SEXP that made the mission "Said the Spider to the Fly" unable to be completed. Someone posted how to fix it and so I did so. Since lots of other people had the problem I figured I'd make use of my fileh account and upload the fixed mission.

Is this the first subspace mission, where that Hippocrates rams into the Nylarhotep and the mission never ends?

Offline Kie99

No, 'Said the Spider to the Fly' is the mission where you go around scanning Shivan ships in a nebula.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
No, 'Said the Spider to the Fly' is the mission where you go around scanning Shivan ships in a nebula.

What am I supposed to do to fix the subspace mission? The Hippocrates is guardianed, so I know it isn't supposed to be destroyed. I've tried ramming it, shooting it (even with SSL), ordering my wingmen to form on my wing then ramming it... nothing moves the damn things apart so the Hippo can warp out.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Nyarlathotep's arrival position is random, which was a bit of an error on the designer's part. Keep trying and the Nyarlathotep should at least once arrive in a sensible place.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The first time I played, that monster of a ship ran me over.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kie99

It was so cool watching it ram into the Charbydis (sp?) like it wasn't there when I played it last time.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Hey, this is kinda off-topic, but isn't there a version of derilict that is voice acted, but is not for the SCP? Their website said there will be, but thats 5 years old. If there is, can anyone direct me to the place to get it? Thanks.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I actually have the old voice pack but I havent got the bandwidth tonight to put it up on my FTP.
I thought I had it, I cant seem to find it atm, probably on an old backup.  It's probably floating around somewhere though. I'll keep looking for it though.

I'd just say though wait for the new VA pack to come out.  I'm hoping it's near release, as I've heard before we had the two server crashes.  At least we'll know ours is complete, and it looks way better than the original release thanks to Lightspeed's nebulas that were utilized.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 03:17:55 am by Nix »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There were some voices available for certain individual missions in Derelict but the whole thing was never voice acted.

That said IIRC the filenames are already present in the missions so when the voice acting for the SCP version is finished it will also work with the standard version as long as the same filenames are used.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Retail Derelict had random message name assignments, so they'll be different. Also, I've got conversion to oggs working now, and all the old missions will point to WAVs, so unfortunately won't work again.

i just finish play derelict, with the new high poly lucifer, adn that was a kick ass show.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
The first time I played, that monster of a ship ran me over.  :lol:

It just did that to me too. Thankfully, I was cheating, and was "merely" pushed way too damn far behind the first node instead of killed....

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I actually have the old voice pack but I havent got the bandwidth tonight to put it up on my FTP.
I thought I had it, I cant seem to find it atm, probably on an old backup.  It's probably floating around somewhere though. I'll keep looking for it though.

I'd just say though wait for the new VA pack to come out.  I'm hoping it's near release, as I've heard before we had the two server crashes.  At least we'll know ours is complete, and it looks way better than the original release thanks to Lightspeed's nebulas that were utilized.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/temp/derelict_voice.exe
-C

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I just had a listen through, some good stuff in there! Is any of that going to be incorporated into the new voice pack?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't think so; as far as I know, BR assigned all of the roles, so everything should have been covered with the new effort.

I'm not sure if this would be the place to ask this, but I have a question: in the mission "Descent", does the Orion-class Destroyer that shows up near the end need to be destroyed?  I've killed all hostile ships except that, and still got a "You weren't authorized to return to base" message. 

Where the heck do you put LS`s Nebula files?

Offline Nuclear1

LS's nebulae go in the data/effects folder.

I'm not sure if this would be the place to ask this, but I have a question: in the mission "Descent", does the Orion-class Destroyer that shows up near the end need to be destroyed?  I've killed all hostile ships except that, and still got a "You weren't authorized to return to base" message.

Spoiler:
This is the mission with the mercenary base, correct? If so, you have to wait until the transport that had evacuated the base escapes. When it has jumped out, you get the all clear to return to base.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Error: Can't open model file <New_Hornet.pof>
File:\fs2_open\code\model\modelread.cpp
Line: 1729
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

:(

Ideas?

Do you have any other mods installed?