Author Topic: weapon models  (Read 34234 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
were you able to get the wepon model rotation code working? is goober's rotation code still broken?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
here is the test model I was useing, it was working last I checked
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
your rotations, no, goobers yes. i might just not have my gatling weapon model set right though.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it's not the whole model that is suposed to spin, just one or more submodels, the main 'hull' subobject will never move
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey it worked, i just had a : where it souldnt be. its the same model i included in the nukemod prerelease, so to get it to work just remove the : from the end of $gun_rotation: and uncoment the proper entries in the tables.

any way we can get a $shots per rotation: flag that would override firewate and get properly linked rotation/firing? right now it works like the gatling gun in rtcw.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
that may be doable, wish you'd have said this 24 hours ago when I had more than enough time to work on it.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
id have tested it sooner but i was half asleep

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Are rotations still the only animation that can be done? I thought it would be cool to see guns recoil with every shot.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, if goober works long and hard, we will soon realize that that is possible :D ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Omniscaper
Are rotations still the only animation that can be done? I thought it would be cool to see guns recoil with every shot.

Why can't they? I mean, the earth looks flat - a really, really big rotation would look, to the casual eye, like an up/down motion, no?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by Black Wolf

Why can't they? I mean, the earth looks flat - a really, really big rotation would look, to the casual eye, like an up/down motion, no?

Translating motion is already possible AFAIK.

However turret recoil wasn't coded since the coders don't want to touch that code even with a ten foot pole its so much of a mess.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Turret recoil is probably possible given enough work.  However, we'd have to have a lot of features in place to make it work - the primary one being translating submodel motion.  I think Bobboau managed to get translation working, but it's in his own private codebase so we can't do anything with it.

How about Capship turrents? Could such an animation be put on them?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
if you want to see translations work, download nukemod, uncomment the animation lines in the table for pf chimera, and run in one of bobs builds. got to external and toggle through your secondary weapons, pay attention to the forward missile bay :D its kind of a rotation based translation, but you can do an acuurate one with two counter rotating objects. i wonder if bob's view weap support would work on turrets.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 01:40:21 am by 766 »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I do not have translation working, though it probly wouldn't be *that hard... well it'd need to update rendering, colision, and posably the matrix stack... hmmm, the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to sudgest people just use the hack fix that Nuke has pioneered.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3