Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613742 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Mechwarrior Online again. Right now I'm focusing on mastering the Spider, which takes an irritatingly long time. I'm also trying to save up enough to fully customize my Misery.

Though one piece of awesomeness did happen today: managed to one-shot a mostly undamaged Atlas with a Hunchback. I think I scored a lucky cockpit shot with the autocannon. That was amazing.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Aircraft and helos can collide, something I discovered why one of my GR1s clotheslined a Lynx.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Also rocket pods on airplanes are the most useless things ever.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Also rocket pods on airplanes are the most useless things ever.

INCORRECT as the draken and lim are the best planes in the game!

I am now ranked 65th in the world at this dumb game and I do not want to work hard enough to be ranked any higher.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
INCORRECT as the draken and lim are the best planes in the game!

Zunis then, multiple passes are an invitation to get blown apart.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You are not wrong and honestly most of the plane mounted rocket pods are only 'not bad' because they happen to come on planes that also have multiple autocannons.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Getting closer to the end of Doom 3, and I've also installed Far Cry to continue the trend of "shooters I should have played years ago."  A few minutes in, and...I'm having difficulties.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I've noticed you kept popping on and off of that game :P

"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well the first difficulty was that the game flat-out refuses to load with the lighting bumped above a certain level, which is apparently a processor affinity thing.  And then there's something with shadow settings possibly murdering framerate...and then there's the game itself. :p

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Played a bit of TS Reborn the other day. I was a fun hour.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Super late to the party, but I started playing KSP yesterday. Good fun so far!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Man are you trying to step to me with VDV and Hind-As because I have M113s in that treeline.

And it worked. It ****ing worked. For the second time I have managed to ambush attack helicopters with APCs.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Man are you trying to step to me with VDV and Hind-As because I have M113s in that treeline.

And it worked. It ****ing worked. For the second time I have managed to ambush attack helicopters with APCs.

Wait, what, how did the Hinds not eat them alive  :confused:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Unless WAB plays it different than EE, helos always sucked against troops and vehicles in a forest, Ma Deuces could make short work of expensive Gunships when they are right above.  I assume NGTM lured them over the forest thinking they had easy kills? 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hinds are armored and unless they get stunned can withstand pretty arbitrary amounts of machine gun fire. You're thinking of the majority of helos that are unarmored. But .50 cals in mass could definitely be a threat if the guy driving the Hinds around is dumb.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Hinds are armored and unless they get stunned can withstand pretty arbitrary amounts of machine gun fire. You're thinking of the majority of helos that are unarmored. But .50 cals in mass could definitely be a threat if the guy driving the Hinds around is dumb.

I admit WAB could be much different but I've eaten a swarm of Hinds with two units of Jager and Fuchs with a supply truck in a forest.  That was back in EE though, I haven't had time to play anything for the past month.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

I assume they were out of rockets, but really all I know is nobody appeared to notice the charge of the crappy things over the fifty meters they had to go and it was sixteen on four. They were rookies and panic-locked before they got off much gunfire.

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
You rushed across open ground with M113s and nabbed them?  That's pretty sweet. 

Reminds me of when I was playing a 1/285th WWII Tabletop wargame and I mounted up a platoon of Panzer grenadiers in Opels, drove up to this Polish tank platoon that both my Panzer IIIs and Stukas had failed to dislodge, dismounted them close assaulted the tanks.  They managed to pop two of the three, survive the return fire with no casualties, my next turn I mounted them back up and drove them to the back of our lines with the intention of sending them all back to Berlin for Iron Crosses.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Well the first difficulty was that the game flat-out refuses to load with the lighting bumped above a certain level, which is apparently a processor affinity thing.  And then there's something with shadow settings possibly murdering framerate...and then there's the game itself. :p

if you're playing retail far cry, patch to 1.33 and no further.  last time i played it, i had a wee problem in that i was getting sub-par performance (like, 30 fps and plenty of loading hitches) with modern hardware that should have made the game cry and not the other way around.  i'm STILL not sure how i ended up fixing it, but fiddling around with settings eventually got it to max out with a constant 60 FPS like it should.  other people on the ubi forum reported similar occurrences. 

you could also try installing the Far Cry Addon Mod (FCAM, it's on moddb) to get it working.  bonus to doing this is you get proper widescreen without the headache of hacking a mostly working sort of widescreen via the console/ini's. 
I like to stare at the sun.