Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 619067 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What are you playing right now?
Yep I put together a Bundeswehr Deck and they are pretty solid.  So far I've been cutting my teeth on the skirmish mode and it pretty fun.  Mouse navigation around the map is a little sloppy compared to EE and maintaining logistics quite a bit tougher but overall I'm really liking it so far.  The Urban Warfare mechanics and Air Power really add some great elements to the game.

Granted you don't really notice it as much during battle but the stuff going on on the ground is pretty amazing.  EE was very pretty but I happened to zoom in on a Huey zapping some BRDM with its door gun and the tracers were literally ricocheting all over the place just like in real life.

They recently nerfed logistics drastically - each individual truck carries much less supply - in an effort to get people to use FOBs. Unfortunately FOBs remain too heavy an investment and the meta is now simply 'you have fewer supplies'.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah in EE four HEMTTs was enough to pretty much get my main battle force into position and through one major fracas.  Doesn't seam like its enough to keep a town full of Jagers and Milan F2s through one firefight now.  Not to mention the AI at least seems to prioritize killing off my logistics with rabid zeal.  The FOBs seem to stock allot more supplies though, but actually running a successful supply train from one is taxing, I might actually have to try control grouping logistics of all things.  I think I also need to up the number of infantry on my decks to keep the urban strong points garrisoned. 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Okay still fooling around in skirmish mode and building decks.  Just started figuring out how much better chaining commands and hot keys are much easier then the silly microing I used to do.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
ffs.  you get to the point in skyrim where you think you're invincible (even though i've done very little in the plotline - god DAMN i did not expect that much side-questing), and then you wander into a den of mages and three shocks later you're dead.  even though i'm at 94 destruction and MY shocks knock of maybe 5-10% of their health.  i suspect there are undisclosed game mechanics ****ing with me.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Chrome. I have some fun playing old games :ick:.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
ffs.  you get to the point in skyrim where you think you're invincible (even though i've done very little in the plotline - god DAMN i did not expect that much side-questing), and then you wander into a den of mages and three shocks later you're dead.  even though i'm at 94 destruction and MY shocks knock of maybe 5-10% of their health.  i suspect there are undisclosed game mechanics ****ing with me.

Resist magic and spell absorption are your friend =)

I actually just had to up the difficulty for my Ryne character because I'm at level 51 and very little was posing much of a challenge any longer... though the enchanted dragonscale armour and dragonbone weapons had a little to do with that - and my resist magicka is now so high, coupled with the spell absorption from the atronach stone and Alteration of 100, that only physical attacks are really of any concern.  Once you reach 100 Smithing and 100 Enchanting, even without abusing alchemy much, you are very difficult to kill and have an unlimited source of income (take iron dagger, enchant with banish and paralyze on petty soul gem purchased from court mages, makes 1000s of gold in profit).

Though, like you, I've done very little of the main quest - I'm only on Diplomatic Immunity.  There is SO much to do in this game.

As for the game mechanics, spells do not level up with your skills - skill only reduces cost, not power of spells.  Destruction in particular requires perks and the highest level spells to be of any use.  I pretty much abandoned destruction magic by level 15 as a result.  Also, the dual wielding perk is mandatory for destruction in order to get the stunlock effect.  See here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Destruction
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:04:56 pm by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
StarCraft 2 and Sub Command.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
BF4 and FS2

Started getting back into FS once I saw the 2014 mediavps were out. Been away too long. 
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Oh, how I missed nuking enemy planets... purging rebel scum will prove entertaining, I am certain.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

**** dude I wish my hair could do that

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
HLPX-COM will resume this weekend.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Crash Bandicoot 1. Good ol' games. :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
CV90s are pretty boss.  My Strv 103s were a little banged up and low on ammo from blunting a PACT offensive push and all I had to counter attack with were two fresh platoons of IFVs with riflemen.  So I let the CV90s off the leash and conducted some maneuver warfare.  Those 40mm Bofors rip **** up, anything lighter then an MBT is going to get turned into pulled pork.   

If they keep Sweden in the mix I hope they give us Strv 122s in Dragon Rising.  Swede Leos and CV90s would be epic.

Currently playing a mix of flight simulators. Il2 1946 with the Dark Blue World mod (plus the "New TFM" mod on top of that, so I can have more campaigns), and the venerable Rowan's Battle for Britian 2: Wings of Victory. With the BDG patches, off-course.

BOB2 is suprisingly fun. It puts you in the seat of the commander of either side of the Battle of Britian, letting you plan missions, and then gives you the option to jump into the fighter seat whenever you want. Great fun that.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Dishonored. Haven't killed anyone yet.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
CV90s are pretty boss.  My Strv 103s were a little banged up and low on ammo from blunting a PACT offensive push and all I had to counter attack with were two fresh platoons of IFVs with riflemen.  So I let the CV90s off the leash and conducted some maneuver warfare.  Those 40mm Bofors rip **** up, anything lighter then an MBT is going to get turned into pulled pork.   

If they keep Sweden in the mix I hope they give us Strv 122s in Dragon Rising.  Swede Leos and CV90s would be epic.

Autocannon-armed IFVs are the ****. They had to nerf the LAV-25 because the Bushmaster was such a monster.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah so long as they've got soft targets to shoot at they've been pretty boss. I do wish there was a way to lock multiple units into a nice spread formation.  Having to micro keeping the armored recon up front followed by my expensive MBTs and the AA hanging back can be a pain.   

Well, that and a Mehrzweckwaffe 1 for my Tornado IDS.

Offline Lorric

I very recently bought Gran Turismo 5 for just £5.

My B-Spec driver just won an exciting race by 81 hundredths of a second, making the pass right on the line. :)

These B-Spec drivers have been very much maligned from what I've read, but they've been doing great for me.

Loving the game. Might be one of my best ever value buys.

The B-Spec mode has been a very pleasant surprise, my drivers are competant, and I've been enjoying rooting for them rather than sitting there bored or frustrated by them.

Offline crizza

Finally managed to install Kane's Wrath...went just fine after I leaned the disc^^
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:22:15 pm by crizza »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah so long as they've got soft targets to shoot at they've been pretty boss.

Do not underestimate the ability of autocannon to suppress, and even scratch-to-death, MBTs. There are hundreds of very unhappy T-55s out there who ran into my LAVs/Bradleys.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story