Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 614046 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Darkout is, indeed, dark out.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I'll probably be banned for this, but I am currently playing FS2, as I have never finished the main campaign.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Again, you did. Didn't you?
el hombre vicio...

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam

No, no I didn't.  I am so ashamed.  But I have been putting off playing BP and other mods until I finish this.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Just finished Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Spoiler:
I freed ADEX. Then I conviently 'gave' the dragon back to its rightful owner.

I have a feeling I've made a very, very dangerous enemy.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

No, no I didn't.  I am so ashamed.  But I have been putting off playing BP and other mods until I finish this.

if it makes you feel any better, i never finished any of the descents.  i've played the everliving **** out of the first several levels of each though.  i almost made it through d1 not that long ago, but i got stuck in one of the levels, and in the meantime something shiny got my attention and i haven't been back yet.  also undecided if i should finish it out in true nostalgia style or use rebirth.
I like to stare at the sun.

I haven't even played the Descents. Always when I think about buying it, I tend to gravitate towards FS2 instead for some reason :P.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I just streamed GTA V using a webcam pointed at a monitor for seven hours filled with nothing but glorious idiots playing GTA V

During which we went to the movies and I narrated the Loneliest Robot in Great Britain film
There was also a badass attack on the nudist colony, several failures at flying, golf, some missions and general GTA antics. Surprisingly enough, I never got in a tank once
"No"

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I haven't even played the Descents. Always when I think about buying it, I tend to gravitate towards FS2 instead for some reason :P.
I played Descent 3 only and it was... not fun, especially the ****ing train level. But I hear it's also not the better of the 3.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I played Descent 3 only and it was... not fun, especially the ****ing train level. But I hear it's also not the better of the 3.
I remembered hating the train level, but when I picked the game up again more recently, it wasn't very hard to slip by the trains. I think it's mostly magnified bad memories making the level seem so awful (although I won't deny it's bad level design in the first place).

It could definitely be argued that Descent 2 is a better game overall, even with the less-advanced graphics (and if you've ever gotten a good D2X-XL config...).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Multi's where the real fun's at.  Or was at.  Or...could be at?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Protip don't listen to this while playing a game.  I was playing WALB, sweating bullets listening to this **** waiting for first contact with the enemy.  My infantry was garrisoning important towns, my Leos moving into ambush positions.  Everything was going well, but that choir sure as hell didn't think so.  Serious this can ratchet up the tension on tying a damn shoe.

On the other hand crank the SAAB theme for maximum awesome

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:17:08 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
I have been playing Rust like a maniac in the last few weeks. Any HLP people playing too, so we could cause some major group mayhem?
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
OpenRA. ahhhhh make the AI stop hoarding the Tiberium!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Since I've been investigating Bundeswehr TO&Es for a possible micro armor force I decided to build a Panzergrenadier Battalion in Wargame. 

This is pretty accurate to a mixed PzGrenBtl where the fourth infantry company gets dropped in favor of an armored company.  I would have preferred a company of 1A5s but I will need to make do with a mixed company of 2As.  Technically the PzGren Kompanies should be comprised of 4 Zugs of 3 Marders each plus a command Marder but 12 is what I can wing in WALB.  The only other major concession was including a company of heli-borne Jager, because I'll be damned if I don't have heli infantry to seize important strong points until the heavy infantry can arrive.

Its a pretty pricey Deck and I typically go for a majority of cheaper infantry and tanks, but I should be able to comfortably deploy a company and a half of grenadiers with decent AT and AA support and some heli-jagers with only 2000pts.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
been playing Openttd for a massive nostalgia trip.  we bought our first 2x CD drive just so we could play the origional
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
finished skyrim.  i finished all of the side quests i knew about and intended to do before the main.  maybe i'll go and do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, and pick a civil war side anyway just for something to do until the DLC is cheap again.  i wish there was a way to actually choose to oppose them instead of just ignoring the 'evil' questlines. 

I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
*Cough*You can destroy the DB*Cough*