Author Topic: FIRST BIOSHOCK FOOTAGE!  (Read 7509 times)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Re: FIRST BIOSHOCK FOOTAGE!
Everything spartan said is wrong. BioShock does NOT involve Nazis (anymore), and it is NOT part of the System Shock series.

It is, however, being developed by many of the same people who worked on SS2.

Just snag and view the teaser trailer here: http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3113_1_en.html

1. I never said it had Nazis in it, I just said that it was a cliche that's WAY overused.

2. Essentially, though it's not really part of the System shock series, it's the "spiritual successor" of the series. I've read the PCGamer exclusive, and it's creepy....really........ really........ creepy....

So to summarize, you're just full of ****.

I actually wasn't up to date with the SS2 <=> BioShock information, and I almost believed the **** you wrote until Zylon wrote the correction.

Just shut the **** up if you don't know anything. How hard is it to do that?

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
simmer down, Spartan posted information, ZB corrected 'im, Spartan tried to cover his ass (badly   - the goggles, they do nothing!  :P ) and such.

Bioshock is as much a "sequel" to System shock as the upcoming RTS game "supreme commander" is to Total Annihilation.

both COMPLETELY different games from their predaccessors, but in reality they feel spiritually tied to eachother in terms of gameplay, etc.
hopefully for an homage, Bioshock will have at least one critter trying to kill you whilst saying "kill me" or "run now"..  ;)

Bioshock's story is.... interesting, it's a subject not marked by the cliche's of most science fictions.

oh and Spartan, please do try to play games outside of WW2 based themes. you'll find a lack of nazis outside of those. :P
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I see. That trailer deserves the :wtf: smiley. Certainly looks interesting..
Basically, the most important resource in Rapture (the underwater city) is a substance called Adam, that allows people to easily rewrite their DNA and give themselves all sorts of abilities. **** happens, and the natural sources of Adam are used up or destroyed. So now the only source of Adam is from the dead bodies of people who've used it. The little girls have been genetically modified to seek out, extract, and internally process Adam back into a reusable form. This makes the little girls extremely attractive targets, since they're basically full of Adam. Because of this, they're always guarded by the big guys in the diving suits.

So this pretty much explains the events in the teaser video.

Cool! Thanks for the clarification.  :yes: :nod:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Roanoke

Everything spartan said is wrong. BioShock does NOT involve Nazis (anymore), and it is NOT part of the System Shock series.

Just snag and view the teaser trailer here: http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3113_1_en.html

Last I checked System Shock was in a similar legal limbo to the Freespace francise. 
Shame, the moment SHODAN appeared in SS2 was one of the best twists i've ever seen.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Last I checked System Shock was in a similar legal limbo to the Freespace francise. 
Shame, the moment SHODAN appeared in SS2 was one of the best twists i've ever seen.

Albeit there have been rumours that EA might develop an SS3 (it's not in legal limbo, though - to the best of my knowledge it's just a case that EA own the rights, pure and simple, but have never used them).

oh and Spartan, please do try to play games outside of WW2 based themes. you'll find a lack of nazis outside of those. :P

I actually don't like to play WW2 games, save Call of Duty 2. There are many games that feature modern-day nazis. I'm more into the futuristic FPSs like UT2004 and Halo.....

forgive my n00bishness regarding the Bioshock ties to System Shock. I've played neither of the System Shock games, and I'm not interested in playing Bioshock. I just happed upon the PCGamer review, and decided to post here....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
The big picture of SHODAN on the front of the box, and her narrating the first half of the intro video, didn't tip you off that she might be in the game?
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Shodan is the only "female" i'd let call me <pathetic>...........She does it so well :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Roanoke

The big picture of SHODAN on the front of the box, and her narrating the first half of the intro video, didn't tip you off that she might be in the game?

I'll rephrase: Finding Polito was dead all along, after taking so long to meet her, was one of the best twists I'd seen.

Took my 3rd play-through to notice the clue dropped in the log found in Med/Sci living quarters

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Roanoke is Aldo??

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
There's a PC walkthrough?

It doesn't really matter, because both versions will be identical apart from control, which you can't see in a video anyway.

You should be able to see if there's a different interface for he PC version at least.  Besides, each one of the icons on the screen has it's particular button labeled right on it.  What about hacking a security station?  Will it be like DX:IW where you just press HACK and it hacks it? (boring!)  Or like SS2 where you have to hack it in a drop down panel? (Interesting but Old)  Or even like Doom 3/Sin 2 where you actually interact with the panel itself to finish the hack?  Also, what about using the plasmi-quick machine, in the xbox demo you clearly see a whole different screen appear, will PC users have to use the directional keys to select different icons? or are they going to make it like SS2's inventory, where it's a simple click of the mouse to proceed.  If they're identical which I sincerely hope not in terms of interface, then we're going to get another DX:IW out of this game, and that will be a sad day when it launches.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
I wouldn't worry too much about us getting a consolized interface. The guys behind BioShock are well aware of Invisible War's problems, and have no desire to repeat its failure.

Those wanting to know more will find a crapload of information, including many posts directly from the developers, over at the TTLG Bioshock Anticipation forum.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Roanoke is Aldo??

When you don't delete the right bits of quoted posts, yes.

Offline Roanoke

or maybe Roanoke and aldo are one and the same......

*twilight zone music*

or

*The Outer Limits music*

(depends how old you are)

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Roanoke is Aldo??

When you don't delete the right bits of quoted posts, yes.
Argh, dammit.

Clearly it is well past nappy time for me.

I. Want. This. Game. NOW.

Holy fraking sheit. This looks amazing. Beyond amazing.. Just ****in... My word.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Any new footage of this game?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.