Author Topic: Screencap Contest: April 2020  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Screencap Contest: April 2020
Daaat shadows :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

Nice nice :yes:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ok, Colt, I'll bite: which mod is that? A Vasudan fighter, I assume?
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

It's the GVF Corybant, a reskin of an Ancient fighter.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Corybant is Coryawesome.

Mod's just a little playground of assorted things I test with. Skybox is the Spica one from Shadow Genesis. :)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
It's the GVF Corybant, a reskin of an Ancient fighter.

Huh, that's an Ancient fighter? I didn't recognize it.

Still very pretty, though. :nod:

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
The fighter itself can be found in ASW Act 3 dump, although in there it isn't textured. So someone took the (really nice by the way) model and gave it Zod robes.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Someone has made a Ancient skin for it too.

Daaat shadows :yes:
Daaat pretty ship and instalation. :)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Now that I think of it..."Corybant" doesn't sound like an ancient Eqyptian word at all. Hell, when I looked it up, the closest etymology I could find was the "Korybantes" from Greek mythology, not ancient Egyptian mythology.

They may have given this mod Zod robes, but they failed to give it a proper Zod name. :p

The Order of the Stick

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Someone has made a Ancient skin for it too.

I did :]. Works well also as vasudan fighter, but the texture looks quite rough on the edges. Could use some more detailing.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I did :].

Ah yeah, who else would've :D

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
I do apologize for being late with judging April's screenshots but lets see...

The winner for April is...Nyctaeus

I love the ominous feeling that accompanies this picture. Like, you know something is or went wrong but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Some honorable mentions:

MatththeGeek:

Solaris has amazing screenshot potential and I'd love to see more. Darius did an amazing job putting together that mod. I will admit, I have yet to play it, but I absolutely appreciate the work he's done nonetheless.

TechnoD11:

The Tev Blitz on Earth gave me mixed feelings in Blueplanet. But the screenshot, however, did not. I love the positioning of the Indus and Vatican when they engage the Diomedes who's name I've totally forgotten because they're that worthless. The starfield and Earth are just perfectly placed. It's an amazing screenshot and worthy of praise.

tomimaki:

The new Ganymede and Hecate model work a little too well together. It's almost as if FSU team is trying to send a message... The color pallet and background (or lack thereof) work well together. My only gripe (and this is my perfectionist talking) is the camera position. Very nicely done, keep it up!

Colt:

This is my runner up for the "pictures that make me feel uneasy" category. The nebula barely masking the Knossos gives you a sense of dread seeing as we know what could lie on the otherside. My only complaint would be the color of the star and the color of the nebula. But I love the theme and camera positioning, it really gives off similar vibes as Nyctaeus' winner screenshot. Keep it up!

May's theme will be First Responders, in recognition of the frontline workers battling our generation's Spanish Flu: COVID-19. More details will be in the thread.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

That's awesome, makes the rear of the Anuket look like some mysterious space station :cool: