Author Topic: The Sequel.  (Read 21250 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Fade from black. We open to an external view of the HLP forum station. A large hole, with numerous beams and spars sticking out every which way, can be seen. Begin to play solemn music and credits. Cut to a close-up side view of the hole. Begin to slide to the right. Wreckage and debree can be seen floating past the camera. A few dead bodies silently bounce off of some loose beams. Continue to move to the right.

Shrike: (Voice-Over) When wEvil came, we were unprepared. (Pauses, as more debris drifts past.) We mounted a defence as fast as we could, but it was too late. His hordes quickly overran our outer defenses. If it had not been for the heros that rose out of the ashes...

We cut from the space scene, and show some drawn (ish) flash-backs of Setekh and Thunder battling wEvil, Carl bashing some heads, and, finally, daveb, as he stopped the Interplay fleet, but also killed himself. Cut back to the space scene. Now we are looking directly into the hole, and are zooming inwards.

Shrike: (Voice-Over) All would have surely been lost...

We are now inside the hole, and are going ever closer to the center of it. End credits, but play music still. We can hear voices.

Voice 1: (As if through Radio) Roger that...Ok, move it over here some more!

Voice 2: (Through Radio) Roger...repositioning now.

Continue to zoom in. Now we see some lights, and, as we zoom in closer, shapes appear. The lights are coming from a construction robot and two men in spacesuits. One man is piloting the robot, which is simply an exo-skeleton. The lights are mounted on their shoulders, a la Aliens. The exo is moving a large spar into place, and the other man (Voice 1) is moving his arms around like a construction worker. Cut to a behing-the-back view of the man.

Voice 1: (Radio) That's it, that's it. Keep it going now....Goooood, lock in place.

The exo begins some maneuvers at the base of the beam. A welding torch flares into being. Sparks begin to fly from the base. Fade out to black.

Shrike: (Voice-Over, screen is still black) Reconstruction efforts have begun, but it will take a long time before the destroyed forum is rebuilt.

Fade from black. We can here someone yelling. Blue sparks are flying everywhere. It is obvious we are in the middle of a giant construction effort.

Shrike: (Voice-Over) That is, unless Kazan has his way.

It turns out that the person that was yelling was really Kazan. He's smacking a couple of papers in his hand with the back of his other hand, and yelling out orders to a person in front of them, and trying to get his voice out over all of the loud noises.

Kazan: (Yelling) Look! Right here it says that spar B goes into slot B! Not the other way around! No, no, no! Don't use a C-Spar, use an S-Spar.

The person in front of him launches a protest. It's daimondgeezer.

DG: (Heavy Scottish accent)  I'm sorry, but I can't deeeeeeeeew it cap'n! It simply wouldn't hold!

Kazan: Of course it'll hold! It'll hold if I tell you it'll hold!

DG: But sir!

Kazan: No buts! I want this thing FINISHED!

DG: Aye, sir!

As daimondgeezer wheels around and starts to yell out orders, we fade to:

Well, what do you guys think? That was short, cause I have to go now, so cya later! I'll check it when I get home!;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2002, 04:14:06 pm by 368 »

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Good. Esp. DG "heavy scottish accent".  :lol:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
How come wEvil always gets to be the incarnation of evil? IT'S NOT FAIR! I WANNA BE THE EVIL OVERLORD!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well you can be ____'s pet evil...uh...thing.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Unkown Target
Well you can be ____'s pet evil...uh...thing.

Gimp?:nervous:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Anaz

I wanna come back...I got brain melted for information....wah...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Grey Wolf

/me protests to be in this incarnation.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
/me protests to be in this incarnation.

Me too.  I don't care what im doing, just as long as a get a kill or two.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Can my character express his [l]suicidal[/l] complacent manner this time? ;)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Kamikaze
Can my character express his [l]suicidal[/l] complacent manner this time? ;)

Kami... This isn't real life :p
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Originally posted by Tiara

Kami... This isn't real life :p

*me tunes the radio on his Zero*

"what did ya say Tiara?"

*me crashes into a passing seagull*

;)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I'll probably put the next part up tommorow. I can't do it today:(

(But I might!:D)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Good beginning... people are doing something allready and there's humour :nod:
Habeeb it...

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
this time I want to get a part as well. I can even take the part of a minor characters clumsy sidekicks dog, if one is available, BUT I WANT IT!!!
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Cannikin

• 800 Gigatons of Whoop-Ass
OOH! Put me in this time hehe. And if you kill me off have me go up in a spectacular explosion (as my name would imply if you looked it up). ;7 ;7

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Another loud roar goes up. Beer is flying in the air.

Shrike: Also, I have been talking to the other staff members, and we have come to an agreement. A new military force will be established for peacekeeping services. The Hard Light Productions Defense Force!

An even louder cheer goes up this time.  Mugs are flying into the air. We see that one person's hits Carl on the head. He looks towards the offender, as he begins to back away from him. Carl lunges just as he is about to run, and takes him to the floor, under the crowd. As clothing starts to fly upwards,
a la Jurrasic Park. We fade to black before anything more meaty can be sent into low orbit.

INT. Forum Control Room. Day.

Fade from black. The familiar bleeps and bloops can be heard in the background, and a bluish hue lights up the room. Staffers, many of which are new, are typing away at their respective consoles. Suddenly, the door slides open, Bablyon 5 style, and in steps Shrike. He looks to his right, and we cut to a view just above and behind his head. His actual
head is out of focus, but we can see a rusted desk, and a cobwebbed plaque.

Plaque: Thunder.

Shrike sighs, and walks on. He situates himself behind a figure at the desk. The figure turns around, and it turns out to be Windrunner.

Wind: What is it, sir? How'd they like the idea?

Shrike: What? Oh, yes. They enjoyed it. Carl devoured a newbie, but that was the only negative thing that happened. Even that's not too much of a loss.

Wind: Then what's buggin ya?

Shrike: I don't know. It's just. It's just. Well, I'm worried about who's going to lead the military force. I'm afraid, well, you know. Fidel Castro in space.

Wind: (Chuckles) Don't worry, we'll get someone.

As he's talking, we fade to:

EXT. Space. Day.

We open to see a drifting, damaged spaceship floating through space. We cut to the interior of a space ship. All we can see is a radar screen. (ED's note: Recognize this?;)) Suddenly, a blip pops up on it. We can hear some shuffling of feet on the floor. Voices can be heard.

Voice 1: (Cranky and tired) What's that noise?!

Voice 2: (Awake) Something on the radar screen. Don't know what it is, but it sure oughta fetch a hefty price from the size of it!

Voice 1: Well then steer towards it! I'll get ready to head out in the exo as soon as we get close enough.

Voice 2: Ok....

We hear more shuffling, and  zoom in on the radar screen. As we are zooming, we fade out to an external of the salvager's ship (Voices 1+2). Retro rockets flare into being, as the ship slows down near the smaller, beat-up spaceship. The rear hatch of the main starship opens, and a small figure emerges, clad in an exo suit, and teathered to something inside. He latches onto the smaller craft, and tows it inside.
We cut to an interior of the ship. The giant door seals shut. The figure unbuckles himself from his exo (skeleton), and heads to the now-docked ship. He walks up to what appears to be a hatch. He tugs on it, but it seems to be stuck. Tugging harder, it comes open, creaking earily with decay. He begins to walk inside. We cut to the far wall, and can see his shadow cast onto it as it enters the craft. Suddenly, it reels back in surprise. We can hear a horrible, alien-like cry, then a more familiar human scream of pain. Blood splatters against our wall. A shadow creaps out of the door.

Voice 2: (Out of View) What was that? Tom? You Ok? Oh my God...stay..stay back! Stay baaaa----!!!!

His voice is cut off by a blood-curdling scream that echoes across the ship, and we fade to black.

What do you think? I was rushed, so I had to copy/paste some parts from the teaser:( I'm writing this from school, you know, so I don't have too much time. Just have to wait ;)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
haha "Fidel Castro in space" :lol:

story seems to develope nicely... keep going :nod:
Habeeb it...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?