Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289629 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
Maybe, I have no idea. I asked about it here a year ago, but nobody recognized it at all. It was in a large folder of FS junk I've collected over the years, some of it going back to the VBB days.

Mmm, because I saw it was in his mod called 'Dark Alliance,' while I was researching a few of his other mods (the Satyrs and Repten).

BTW - PI4c3.ogg is the best music in FS ever. ;)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Mmm, because I saw it was in his mod called 'Dark Alliance,' while I was researching a few of his other mods (the Satyrs and Repten).

That might have been how I got it. I think I had briefly signed up on that DA project. It contained ships made by several different people though. Some later made their way into Inferno (or it might have been the other way around).

BTW - PI4c3.ogg is the best music in FS ever. ;)

Thanks. :) The base track was taken from Battlezone, although the version used in the campaign has significant changes and is mixed with other stuff.

Offline Kie99

Really enjoyable campaign, good work.  Had to cheat on a few missions though, stealth missions are not my speciality.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Thanks. If you're having trouble with 13 (the hardest of the stealth missions), you can turn down the difficulty to reduce the distance within which the enemy guys see you.

Thanks. If you're having trouble with 13 (the hardest of the stealth missions), you can turn down the difficulty to reduce the distance within which the enemy guys see you.

Or you can just blow 'em all up with cheats :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
13 was the easiest. :P I had to skip the others.I like the battle between the ancients and the Shivans.Nice campaign.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

13 was the easiest. :P I had to skip the others.I like the
Spoiler:
battle between the ancients and the Shivans.
Nice campaign.

Use spoiler tags damnit! I didn't know they were in PI!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

I gave up on it cause of the stealth missions, tagging that transport and getting to the knossos.

as the mean admin once said...

"At first you don't succeed, try try again.
At fifth you don't succeed, skip the mission."
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
"At first you don't succeed, try try again.
At fifth you don't succeed, skip the mission."

Siggifyed. :nod:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Yay! I'm popular!

.....ish!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Idiot.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Or you can just blow 'em all up with cheats :p

That always works. :D Although the enemies are so shortsighted on very easy that you can pretty much just fly straight to the target without thinking about them at all.

13 was the easiest. :p I had to skip the others.I like the battle between the ancients and the Shivans.Nice campaign.

Interesting, you must be playing some of these missions quite differently than I did. I don't think I have ever gotten caught in 14b or 14c except when going for optional bonus goals (the cargo bit in 14b) or deliberately trying to fail for testing purposes.

I would have put the distance reduction thing from 13 into 14b and 14c, but I was running into the event limit and thought the missions were too easy to bother with that. I'll see if I can find a way to do it in a new version. One more version will be needed anyway to maintain compatibility with the Media VPs, once those finally get updated.

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

wow, 20 pages.

still love this campaign

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What? Love can't last for a campaign once you've played it?

And yeah, I love this campaign too. :cool:

PI was one of the best campaigns i've ever played. I have a question about it ;

In the game, alot of the sounds were changed. Flak guns sounded cooler, explosions sounded better. How did you change it?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He changed it by either changing the Sounds.tbl to reference his new sounds, or he just named the new sounds after the files they replace.

He changed it by either changing the Sounds.tbl to reference his new sounds, or he just named the new sounds after the files they replace.

and where did he get these sounds? other games?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Other games, real recordings, movies, made them, stole from other mods, whatever.