Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289649 times)

Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
i think some may or may not have been taken from descent, like inferno
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
PI was one of the best campaigns i've ever played. I have a question about it ;

In the game, alot of the sounds were changed. Flak guns sounded cooler, explosions sounded better. How did you change it?

Good to hear. :)

Those sounds are mainly taken from the first C&C (they're in the data files but are never used in that game), with one or two others from Nuclear Strike. I always thought the default sounds for those things sounded a bit wussy and had been using these modified sounds myself for many years, so I decided to bundle them with the campaign.

I actually adjusted the sounds.tbl distance values for many of the existing sounds too, which originally sounded quite muted. You might notice that you hear the beam charge up/down sounds much more often now. There are a few further improvements that can still be made in this respect, which I'll probably add into the next version.

Ingenius CP5670. I certainly wish / hope that all campaigns are up to your standards. I can see you put tons of work into it.

I'm up to PI17, i managed to do the stealth missions . (Absolutely freaky at some parts,  :nervous: ). But on PI17, the final fortress, when i goto ship selection room in the briefing, it crashes.  :blah:

any help?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is it a recurring error?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Heh, heh, I always thought the Siege Tanks' Siege mode gun sounded cool from StarCraft.  XD
PI was one of the best campaigns i've ever played. I have a question about it ;

In the game, alot of the sounds were changed. Flak guns sounded cooler, explosions sounded better. How did you change it?

Good to hear. :)

Those sounds are mainly taken from the first C&C (they're in the data files but are never used in that game), with one or two others from Nuclear Strike. I always thought the default sounds for those things sounded a bit wussy and had been using these modified sounds myself for many years, so I decided to bundle them with the campaign.

I actually adjusted the sounds.tbl distance values for many of the existing sounds too, which originally sounded quite muted. You might notice that you hear the beam charge up/down sounds much more often now. There are a few further improvements that can still be made in this respect, which I'll probably add into the next version.

Heh, heh, I always thought the Siege Tanks' Siege mode gun sounded cool from StarCraft.  XD

Is it a recurring error?

yer. Whenever i try start the mission, and goto the ship selection room, it crashes. I tried it twice, in case the first time it was just a one off thing. Did anyone else have the problem?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Enable "use models for ship selection".

Fixed. Thanks  :D

Just finished it. That was probably one of the most wild finales ive seen in a a campaign ever! Left a few plotholes though.....

1. What the hell was that thing strapped to the underside of the Agni, that seemed to home in on its twin and start making all kinds of noises?

2. What became of the outpost near the portal? It wasn't involved in any mission, was it destroyed by another battlegroup? seemed pretty potent-looking.

3. Did the PCA leader intend to establish contact with the Ancients and ally with them?

I'm just guessing that the strange object that had a twin and interlocked was a device he used to control the knossos and summon the juggernaut. I think he intended to either ally with them, or control them using that device.
Im also guessing that the portal led to the remnant of a supernova, not close to the one beyond Gamma Draconis, but most probably this implicates that the shivans use sathanas fleets to obliterate hostile star systems. the Ancients just tend to have a bit more firepower then the GTVA, and obviously they're still fighting the Shivans, and have been for over 5000 years.

P.S , is it possible to import the extra models to FRED so i can look at them? How do i do that?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:17:10 pm by Vasudan Commander »

use the spoiler tags!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yes, it would be good if you put that stuff in spoiler tags, now that those are working again.

Fixed. Thanks  :D

Strange, you shouldn't need to do that. The required interface graphics are included with the campaign. If this worked though, great.

Spoiler:
Just finished it. That was probably one of the most wild finales ive seen in a a campaign ever! Left a few plotholes though.....

1. What the hell was that thing strapped to the underside of the Agni, that seemed to home in on its twin and start making all kinds of noises?

2. What became of the outpost near the portal? It wasn't involved in any mission, was it destroyed by another battlegroup? seemed pretty potent-looking.

3. Did the PCA leader intend to establish contact with the Ancients and ally with them?

I'm just guessing that the strange object that had a twin and interlocked was a device he used to control the knossos and summon the juggernaut. I think he intended to either ally with them, or control them using that device.
Im also guessing that the portal led to the remnant of a supernova, not close to the one beyond Gamma Draconis, but most probably this implicates that the shivans use sathanas fleets to obliterate hostile star systems. the Ancients just tend to have a bit more firepower then the GTVA, and obviously they're still fighting the Shivans, and have been for over 5000 years.

Spoiler:
The Knossos base was destroyed after the GTVA reinforcement fleets arrived, some time between missions 15 and 16. The GTVA has a few ships guarding the Knossos at the beginning of mission 17 (the stuff that gets destroyed), which were part of the task force that eliminated it.

For the other questions, I refer you to this: SPOILER WARNING

That is only half the story, but I don't want to give away much more at this point. ;)

[edit] seems that links still show up in spoiler tags, so I might as well put it outside.

P.S , is it possible to import the extra models to FRED so i can look at them? How do i do that?

Run it with the command line -mod PI to make it use the campaign data files.

Man those ancient fighters can move! And their guns pack a whollop!  :eek2:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yes the Ancient fighters are hard to kill.And are annoying.Like the fly.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Man those ancient fighters can move! And their guns pack a whollop!  :eek2:

I never knew there were ancient fighters in PI....

Damnit! use spoiler tags!

....wait, why am i posting in this thread?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
You're probably better off finishing the campaign first, as the spoiler tags weren't working until recently anyway and there are many spoilers on the earlier pages. :p

Yes the Ancient fighters are hard to kill.And are annoying.Like the fly.

They are strong but don't have shields, so they are still fairly vulnerable to the automatic Vulcan turrets.

or the good old kamikazi tactic. ram em with full burners and hope to survive. hey, it worked on VE

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
OMFG I'M PULLIN' MAH HAIR OUT OVER MISSION 13!!

Anyone got some file that lets you skip Mission 13: Eye of the Storm?
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Which is why i decided to fly one  :pimp:

So, question is now; Are the guys behind PI considering a sequel?

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Can someone please make a .fc2 file that lets me skip mission 13? It keeps crashing right at the end before I can jump out.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

One word:

Cheats.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

The one mission i couldnt complete was the turrets mission against the saturn. Even though i took out 15, still said i failed.  :blah: