Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 289665 times)

Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
So here it is...sorry but I didn´t work with "DOS" for several years...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
So here it is...sorry but I didn´t work with "DOS" for several years...

What... you don't use WinDOwS?  ;)

Um, the only thing I can see from a quick look is that you have a mod.ini file in your FS2 main directory.  I'm not sure if that would cause a problem, though.  (I don't believe it should.)  Also of note, you have Fs1_port_3 .  You should rename this directory to fsport , otherwise all the campaigns that use fsport in their mod.ini will not work.  hip63 will have this issue resolved for v 2.0 of his DVD.  :D

Does anyone else see anything with his install that could be causing a problem? :nervous:

You´re right, in multimods that use the fsport I had to change the mod.ini...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Well, in v 2.0, the folder name will be changed to fsport, so prolly better stick to changing the folder name rather than the mod.ini... also, if you use Turey's Installer to update hip63's DVD, it will re-d'l fsport... :ick:

O.K. and now I could use some help for my problem...come on guys, please!!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I thought you got it working. Can you list all the VPs that are in your main FS2 directory? It sounds like you have a rogue VP somewhere that is taking precedence over the PI data files. Also, the campaign's directory (containing all the PI VPs) should be called pi and the media VP folder should be called mediavps.

When exactly do you get the error messages? Do they come up immediately upon loading the game or only when you start the first mission?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well if it is a rogue VP, you could change the PI VP files to 1_PI_Assets...

See if that works.

I thought you got it working. Can you list all the VPs that are in your main FS2 directory? It sounds like you have a rogue VP somewhere that is taking precedence over the PI data files. Also, the campaign's directory (containing all the PI VPs) should be called pi and the media VP folder should be called mediavps.

When exactly do you get the error messages? Do they come up immediately upon loading the game or only when you start the first mission?
Well, I´ve uploaded a fs2dir.txt-file in one of my last posts. It includes all directories and subdirectories of my FS2 main folder. The error message shows up when I try to load the first mission, so the main hall is loaded correctly and I can choose/activate the "Procyon Insurgancy"-campaign there. Then the main hall of a vasudan mothership shows up. When I then try to start the campaign there, the game crashes with this curious message. :confused:

See if that works.
I don´t understand that. There is a file called PIassets...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Rename the folder "Procyon_Insurgancy" to "pi". That should probably fix it. I think the way I set up the default mod.ini, it may require the directory to be named that. In hindsight, it would have probably been better to not have a "primarylist" in there at all (you can alternatively try removing that line from the mod.ini).

Also, you certainly have a lot of builds in there. :p You probably don't need all the 3.6.7 variants at this point.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:51:44 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Snail

• SC 5

See if that works.

Well IIRC FS2 loads VP files alphabetically, so renaming PIassets to 1_PiAssets, would make it load before any .vp file with a letter for its first character in its name.

I don't know if it would work, but it seems logical enough...

you sure it's alphabetically? i don't know how it's all coded, but don't computers usually load things on a "first come first served" basis?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It does, this has been tested many times.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

well, i'll be damned. didn't expect that

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Computers load things the way they are told to.  :D

good point.

See if that works.

Well IIRC FS2 loads VP files alphabetically, so renaming PIassets to 1_PiAssets, would make it load before any .vp file with a letter for its first character in its name.

I don't know if it would work, but it seems logical enough...
Sorry, but it did not work! Nor did the renaming of of the mod-folder to "pi". Maybe I´m the only one who can´t play this campaign  :(

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I don't know if this will do anything, but I see that you have a mod.ini in your main FS2 directory. Try removing that.

Your FS2 install looks good otherwise and I can't see any obvious reason why it's not working for you. The only other thing I can think of is to double check that you aren't accidentally loading one of those older builds you have in the launcher.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Um, the only thing I can see from a quick look is that you have a mod.ini file in your FS2 main directory. 

Ya.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Many people do. Until Launcher 5.5 removed the feature it was actually quite sensible to have a mod.ini in the main folder as you could set it up to give people information on the mod tab.

Very useful if someone clicked the No Mods button and then didn't know how to get the SCP graphics back.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]