Author Topic: Join Neo Terra Victorious!  (Read 128503 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Join Neo Terra Victorious!
Can someone test it for me, please? :)

Droid, are you there?

I'll be busy for a while but I'll try this when I get the chance.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
So... my mission was... practicly... good.  :nervous:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So... my mission was... practicly... good.  :nervous:
It was okay since you're only a beginner FREDder but later on missions will have to be more complex. But don't that get you down, it was a good enough mission. :)

Whether or not Mobius, god of fredding, deems it satisfactory is another matter.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
I have another mission here if you want to take a peek. I hope it's better than the last one.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
Now that's a normal size.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Now that's a normal size.
I agree with that.

I got a little to crazy on the last mission. I guess I liked watching the big ships blow up.
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
Quote from: Your Mission
We are the pirates and we are going to kill you. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I think that's a bit unrealistic...

The mission itself is a bit comfusing (dozens of GTVA, Pirate, Vasudan AND Shivan fighters and bombers killing each other to pick up 1 cargo container just doesn't look right) .

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Quote from: Your Mission
We are the pirates and we are going to kill you. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I think that's a bit unrealistic...

The mission itself is a bit comfusing (dozens of GTVA, Pirate, Vasudan AND Shivan fighters and bombers killing each other to pick up 1 cargo container just doesn't look right) .
I could change the name of the event if it'll make you more happy.

And the fight for the 1 cargo container may be a bit much, but this was supposed to take place after the destruction of a Vasudan shipyard. Also, you can't know how important the cargo container is, as i don't say (probably to avoid this topic.) Maybe the cargo holds the blueprints to the beams that the Sathanas's have. I'm not even sure.
It was an idea that I had, so i put it together in 4 hours. I do know it's a bit more realistic than my last one. Plus I don't like the transport mission without a bit of action.

The shivans were there for the fun of fighting. There isn't any sort of transport that the Shivan's have. They just make it harder for you in the end.

Note: Only 1 pirate ship. However it doesn't pose ANY threat whatsoever as it is up 18000 meters and 8000 meters infront of where the cargo container is.:)
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I have another mission here if you want to take a peek. I hope it's better than the last one.  :)
Yep, it is a lot better. :)

Only a few problems I saw with it.

There seems to be some problems with the directives. The directive to kill Virgo appears to not trigger correctly as it returns true before Virgo is destroyed. The directive to destroy Cancer wing appears twice. Shouldn't be too hard to fix here.

Secondly, balance. Much more balanced than the last mission, but still, a few problems. Firstly, Ptahs in the nebula. That is just sadistic. Something you'd do as an end of level boss or something to really screw with the player. A bit too difficult killing Ptahs in the nebula. I'd recommend changing them to a non-stealth fighter, like a Seth or something.

Also about balance, the Vasudans are a bit unbalanced. The Vasudans all appear at once, get killed, and stop coming. IMO it would have been much better if the Vasudans came in waves, that is, once Mu wing is destroyed, Nu wing warps in, once Nu is destroyed, Pi arrives. This lengthens the mission, as well as being more balanced.

And just a few more extra things. These things aren't very important, more like icing on the cake. Or sprinkles on the icing on the cake. Too many poofs made your nebula look weird. Try only activating the same color poofs, or at least the similar color poofs (ie. blue and purple or red and purple, not all simultaneously), or else the nebula looks funny. It's not too important but it is more pleasing to the eye to have a nebula that isn't hundreds of colors. ;)

The team loadout was also slightly weird. You should usually give the player the best suited loadout for that particular mission to save him the hassle of changing it himself. Also, Beta wing flying bombers was rather useless as there were no caps (save for the pirate's Fenris) to destroy. You might think of using reinforcement units that he can call in as well.

A bit more dialogue would be appreciated. The briefings could be a bit more detailed and warn the player of the multiple factions and their aims. Giving background info to the mission helps establish the atmosphere. This is especially important in this case since there are so many enemy factions in the mission, an explanation beforehand would give him an idea of what to do.

Oh, and avoid do silly messages like the pirate one. :D

Apart from those few errors (and my pet peeves), quite a good mission! There's still some room for improvement, but very nice anyhow. Gewd werk. :yes:

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Here is the same mission with the following changes:

:The Vasudan fighters class has been changed.

:Some minor changes with the Events editor.

:Fixed the 'destroy Cancer wing' problem.

:Edited the Briefing and added to debriefing.

I'm still having a problem with Virgo being destroyed before conflict is even met. I'll work on it a bit, but advice on it would be nice.

:I got rid of the whole pirate thing. The ship is still there but no messages will be sent, and the ship will show no threat whatsoever. I didn't get rid of the ship because it would mess with the events and such.

Enjoy: :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Sorry, but I think someone is misunderstanding the purpose of this thread...it currently looks like some sort of FRED Academy branch whose task is to hunt down bugs in single missions released by FREDders.

One suggestion: anticipate the testers, play your missions and find out what's wrong or what can be improved. The NTV team's task is to test these missions and decide wheter or not FREDders should get it to the team - we have derailed.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
*Calls Moderator*

Couldn't you split the thread, then move it to the FRED section, under "NTV Auditions"?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
No. I'll likely delete all these posts.

Now that I clarified everything things should tend to change...it's pretty obvious that finding so many glitches in a mission whose designer considers a good example of FREDding is a very bad thing.

Romanmolf, I think you need more practice. I'd suggest you to take a look at the FRED Academy...as soon as you get more experience and I'd be happy to get you in. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, they're beginners.

Anyway, who are currently on the team (active members)?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Me and Droid803 with Galemp being pretty busy with other projects.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it

Romanmolf, I think you need more practice. I'd suggest you to take a look at the FRED Academy...as soon as you get more experience and I'd be happy to get you in. :)

OK

Offline Nuclear1

Do you have room for another FREDer? 

I can do some missions--I can't do half the campaign, but I'd like to help with a couple. :)

Previous experience:  Clicky.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Do you have MSN?

Do you think you have enough spare time to work on the project?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
I suppose he has already thought about that...  :rolleyes:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I want to focus on the matter - from his post I assumed he doesn't want to do a lot of missions. I didn't get any reference to spare time. ;)

Furthermore, an IM contact would make things easier. :D
The Lightblue Ribbon