Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
General Discussion / Re: Windows 10 Update Deleting Files
« Last post by MitoPL on October 20, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »
There was quite a fuss about that, and some time ago EposVox posted a video on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQRIsHBvYU.

The contents of this video speak for themselves and the **** happening around here is really disturbing.

Do note: this update seems to have been fixed nearly a week ago, so it theoretically should be safe to install, but I'd personally wait a bit more time to make sure nothing goes really wrong again. The same creator posted a video about this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNm_ZD0ejo).
And yeah, that won't give you your files back.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.3 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by ngld on October 20, 2018, 05:36:34 pm »
Knossos 13.3 works great and thanks again for your amazing support.
Great, hope you're having fun with the game!

Question: where are the pilot profiles stored as I did a full uninstall to kill the issue BUT the pilot data remained...are they stroed in the windows user profile?
%AppData%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data\players

I've missed this game of a simpler time.

Thankyou all.
You're welcome.  :)
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.3 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by nevar777 on October 20, 2018, 04:53:14 pm »
Knossos 13.3 works great and thanks again for your amazing support.

Question: where are the pilot profiles stored as I did a full uninstall to kill the issue BUT the pilot data remained...are they stroed in the windows user profile?

Again thanks to you all for your outstanding help.

A personal view point having played this 20 years ago when it first came out. I remember a game that was similar to wing commander but there was one huge difference that hit you immediatly: flight model.

Wing Commander dog fights were basically a ship moving diagonally across your screen from corner to corner - fast and annoying.
Freespace came and dog fights were memorable glide like an eagle affairs, like the best elements of a star wars dog fight.

Graphically at the time I was running a voodoo 1 at 640x480 and the graphics were amazing.

Move forwards 20years (yes sadly it was that long ago and I was 21) and time had not been kind to the original which now somehow looked like everything had been rendered to look like a half dissolved alchazeltser (buggered if I know how to spell it but you get the idea).

Now because of the efforts of all of you over the last 18 years my old gaming friend has come home.

I've missed this game of a simpler time.

Thankyou all.
The FRED Workshop / Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
« Last post by woutersmits on October 20, 2018, 03:35:42 pm »
im on knosses but i need your invite to devolpment build
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by ksotar on October 20, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »
If you want to build SSE2 version (or other variants instead of AVX), then you should alter
Code: [Select]
MSVC_SIMD_INSTRUCTIONS and set it to SSE2. You may not see that option at start, but if you check 'Advanced' on top, it will show (BTW 'Grouped' is very convenient.
Arts & Talents / Re: The War Begins: Uniting The Factions
« Last post by Assassin714 on October 20, 2018, 02:08:14 pm »
Are there any rules / preferred format?

You should list the ships you have, any special modifications, and brief character profiles of any important characters. Also try listing what system you start in.
The FRED Workshop / Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
« Last post by Bryan See on October 20, 2018, 01:03:28 pm »
@Woutersmits, try the Knossos launcher. Wxlauncher development has stalled long ago. Or I'll send it to you.
Scripting Releases / Re: Custom Wingmen HUD Gauge v1.1
« Last post by Spoon on October 20, 2018, 12:26:14 pm »
Thanks for the update, I have fixed the issue and uploaded a new version (v1.2). That must have been very annoying to try and figure out, and I am sorry about all that extra bug fixing I put you guys through!

The new version also incorporates the intensity value from the player's HUD settings as well, so if you like a brighter or darker HUD the gauge will match what you have set.
No worries!
I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out for a bit earlier. "How many changes have I made in these past months that have not been saved?! :shaking:" But thankfully that turned out to be non-issue.

The fixes and added safeties are  :yes:
The FRED Workshop / Re: "Fog Near"/"Fog Far Multiplier", how does it work?
« Last post by PIe on October 20, 2018, 11:09:48 am »
It looks like the default for Fog Near is 10 and it is a multiplier as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >