Author Topic: [FA] C3 M7a  (Read 7968 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Type 1

Type 2

It's not that pretty, but I'm trying. :nod:

I'll do the briefing and debriefing later. I forgot that I didn't add it in yet. :nervous: Right now I'm more focused on the content. Something seems really wrong with the way I'm handling the directives.

EDIT: It's MUCH more complete now.

EDIT: 1/13/09

Added:
Forced Warpout
More Intelligent AI (?)

EDIT: 1/14/09 - Added an alternative for balance.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll try to take a look at it tonght. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Error: BOT.fs2(line 515:
Error: Required token = [#Wings] or [$Name:], found [+Use Table Score:] .

File: PARSELO.CPP
Line: 675

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Its the evil Use Table Score thing.
Use an older version of FRED, please. Even the 3.6.10 build I have (the mission-mainhall one) crashes with this.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Well, that sucks. Works for me. :( Do I have to redo everything, or can I download an older FRED and use "Save As"?

Offline Droid803

I think running it through an older version of FRED should fix it for those of us who aren't so up-to-date.
Don't quote me on that though.
(´・ω・`)

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Well, here's an older version of FRED under the Wiki article link:

*link removed*

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That problem is caused by opening a 3.6.10 mission in 3.6.9 or older 3.6.10 builds.

It is a bug in FRED. Ironically due to the system that was supposed to allow you to open a 3.6.10 mission in 3.6.9. :rolleyes:

The coders are currently discussing how to fix it.

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
So if I waited for a fix, can I leave it as-is, or do I have to redo it? :shaking:

Also, does it work for you karajorma?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Just remove all the ;;FSO 3.6.x;; comments and it should work in any 3.6.10 build.

Offline Droid803

(´・ω・`)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
I just playtested the mission.  I didn't see any massive errors.  The mission itself does seem short, but maybe that's just personal preference.  The only other things I see are the lack of an actual bonus objective on the objective screen (it shows the bullet for a bonus objective, but no text) and no information telling you to actually try to scan the fighters.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I just playtested the mission.  I didn't see any massive errors.  The mission itself does seem short, but maybe that's just personal preference.  The only other things I see are the lack of an actual bonus objective on the objective screen (it shows the bullet for a bonus objective, but no text) and no information telling you to actually try to scan the fighters.

bonus objectives are not displayed, nor you'll get a recommendation to finish a bonus objective (well that depends on the way the freder thinks about that) personally I think bonus objectives should always be 100% player merit and nothing more.

make the drones put up a little more of fight... they seem to be only trying to evade alpha 1... sittin' ducks..

and make the remaining enemy fighters jump out as soon as the Apos departs, I had  a Loki standing right beside of the node alone, just waiting to get blasted and although I enjoyed doing so... it doesn't seem real :D

A typo in mission briefing stage 1: Unfortunately, there are no information on what the corvette is carrying
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:34:34 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
make the drones put up a little more of fight... they seem to be only trying to evade alpha 1... sittin' ducks..

I had a difficulty myself here because I'm limited to having only one wing and drones as enemies. Using the Amazons as reference, I made the drones seem "inefficient", but by doing that, I made the mission a bit too easy. I'll try to fix this when I get more feedback, though (The problem is getting that much-needed feedback, of course). I'm still not sure what the best way to do it is, unfortunately.

and make the remaining enemy fighters jump out as soon as the Apos departs, I had  a Loki standing right beside of the node alone, just waiting to get blasted and although I enjoyed doing so... it doesn't seem real :D

My idea was that if the Apos leaves the area, the drones would be too far from the Apos to operate and deactivate. I tried to work with what I've been given, and the plot for M7a has drones being revealed in the end. I did thought of a for what you have problems with. Instead of them warping out, I was thinking about the player ship warping out a few seconds after your wing.

A typo in mission briefing stage 1: Unfortunately, there are no information on what the corvette is carrying

I'll fix this.
There's a bullet for the bonus mission? You either have an older version, or I didn't update the mission myself. In the objectives list, there should not be an idle bullet.

Offline eliex

Now essentially all good - I like your backgrounds!

Try and make the mission a little harder - I can play sitting duck in the entire mission and yet still win . . . perhaps make the Herc wing focus on the player? Or you could increase the AI stats of the drones.

With the bonus objective scan, you might want to change the message to "Drones eh? I'll inform Command about this . . ." so the player realizes what they are - not like they have some hidden treasure.

Also, the Primary Objective "Destroy the Apos" contradicts the briefing capture instructions. Just needs a bit of clarifying.
Finally, there is no bullet information for your bonus objective. I just downloaded the latest copy, so I guess you forgot to change it.

Good job so far.  :)

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Now essentially all good - I like your backgrounds!

Thanks. It felt a little lacking to me, but I'm glad you liked it.

With the bonus objective scan, you might want to change the message to "Drones eh? I'll inform Command about this . . ." so the player realizes what they are - not like they have some hidden treasure.

I'll add this to the next update when I get the time.

Also, the Primary Objective "Destroy the Apos" contradicts the briefing capture instructions. Just needs a bit of clarifying.
Finally, there is no bullet information for your bonus objective. I just downloaded the latest copy, so I guess you forgot to change it.

I'll fix this next time too.

Good job so far.  :)
Updated the mission again (for better or for worse), but I finished it after you posted but before I refreshed, so I didn't get to read your suggestions. Sorry. Maybe next time.

Here's an alternative version that is easier than the recent one, but harder than the old one. I personally like this one better, but it might still be on the easy side for some people.