Author Topic: WIH Multi Test #3  (Read 11463 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Test concluded, thanks to everyone who participated.

It's late March and spring is here (or fall for the down under), so how bout we organise a test for this coming weekend on March 25th 26th or 27th? Just like the first two multiplayer tests, you can show interest by posting a reply here, or sending me a PM. Perhaps if enough non-euros are interested, we can look for a time that's more suitable for other regions.

Last two times we got a pretty large turnout which easily filled a game with 12 players for a few hours. This time, I would like to arrange multiple hosts to be able to run multiple games at the same time so we can do more than just dogfighting. Many of the missions have a maximum of 8 players, and some have a maximum of 4.

If you are interested, please include the time you would prefer to have the test take place. If you have any other questions with what you need to get BP:Multi up and running, or anything else just ask. I'll update the list as needed.

Testers:
Test concluded
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:05:56 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm in...at least I'm interested.
Donno about my schedule though...we'll see.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Interested too, flyable Deimos-Corvettes, really nice.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Gunteen6

• Don't let life get you down! Get up! Go!
    • S31-IKS Parent Boards
duuuuuude count me in!
Gunteen6 is now S31-Syntax! If I could change the name, I would!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Any preferred times?
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline -Sara-

Might make it, got some pretty unpleasant RL things shortly after those dates, not sure how tensed or out of it I am.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

I'll try and show up.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Shade

Unless something comes up, I can probably make it regardless of which day you pick. Good week for me this time :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
100% in. Haven't got any preferred times, seeing as how I'm one of those evil, demented Euros. :)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
I was actually thinking of Saturday morning March 26th at 1:00PM GMT. That's 8:00AM North American Eastern time. Would that encourage anyone from the FAR east to join? Kind of an early start for the Americans, but I'll do it.

Anyone interested who does not like that time?

Use this map to determine your time with respect to GMT.

BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
It might work, depending on how long the games lasts. Might sleep through the whole thing. I can't have it too late either 'cause I have to take a Greyhound back to school that day. I'll set an alarm.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
1:00 PM GMT is...6:00AM my time.

There's no chance in hell I can wake up that early D:
(And even if I could I'd play like I was stoned)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

1 P.M. GMT would be 5 A.M. my time.  There's no way I could make that.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
7AM huh? well its a Saturday so i guess i'll set an alarm or stay up through the night, i'm in assumeing nothing else comes up
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I don't think there's any need to have sleepy yanks. Move it to 19:00 GMT, it's a convenient time for the Euros and it works out as roughly the same time for US as it was going to be for Europe in the first place.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Yes, I think that 1:00 pm GMT might not work. But 19:00 GMT soundz good.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
I don't think there's any need to have sleepy yanks. Move it to 19:00 GMT, it's a convenient time for the Euros and it works out as roughly the same time for US as it was going to be for Europe in the first place.

I wanted to give a chance for the Australian and East Asian gamers to participate in the test since both previous tests have been at unusual times for that region, but since there has been more opposition than approval of the time, I no longer think it's a workable one.

Saturday March 26th 19:00 GMT is 2:00PM Northamerican Eastern time. Would you all prefer this time then?
BP Multi
The Antagonist

11 A.M. my time for Saturday or Sunday can be done, but not for this Friday as I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Test time announced, hope you all can make it. See original post.

Edit: Typo...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:35:37 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist