Author Topic: Afterburners, or The Most Misleading Subject Ever  (Read 66151 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Afterburners, or The Most Misleading Subject Ever
My favorite scene in RotS is when R2 kapows the SBDs at the start of the movie.
That scene, IMO, was pointless. It added nothing to the plot and just dragged along the cruiser crash sequence even longer. Instead of including stupid idiotic gags like that, they could have instead included the genesis of the rebellion bits with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma (included as deleted scenes on some DVD releases). Those would have added so much depth to the movie and also strung together the two trilogies seamlessly. But they just had to add idiotic R2-D2 jokes.

Offline aRaven

agree...and the final lightsaber battle reminds me of gay ballet dances, but not as aesthetic. urgh

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I was trying to point out that that the sheer fact that my favorite scene in RoTS is a lame gag is a testament to the movie's fail.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline aRaven

Gag fail!

Uh oh.
This may be the wrong forum to ask this in, but has anyone seen the new Clone Wars movie? Is it worth the 5-9 bucks to see? You guys are the only guys I trust on the internet about this.

(Please no predictions that it's going to suck, that doesn't help)

And if I see it first, I'll let you know.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
When's it coming out?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
For us, August 28. It seems okay. I'm planning to watch it when it debuts, then I'll give ya'll a mini-review.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline aRaven

Well I have heard it has a PG rating, so the wouldn't be such darkness.  I have also heard that CW is better than the prequel trilogy. I'm not surprised by this :).

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
still leaves room to suck!

Offline Topgun

it looks sucky to me....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Uh oh.
This may be the wrong forum to ask this in, but has anyone seen the new Clone Wars movie? Is it worth the 5-9 bucks to see? You guys are the only guys I trust on the internet about this.

(Please no predictions that it's going to suck, that doesn't help)

If there was an appropriate thread on here to post this in, then this is the one.

$5, maybe.  $9, I doubt it unless it's IMAX/Mega Screen/etc.

I think it's going to suck :)

Honestly, all the early reviews have pretty much stated that it sucks.  I think George wants to buy another mansion or Sealand or something, so he has somewhere to go when all of his fans turn on him for real.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Honestly, all the early reviews have pretty much stated that it sucks.  I think George wants to buy another mansion or Sealand or something, so he has somewhere to go when all of his fans turn on him for real.

The story's obviously aimed at a young audience, if you've heard the so-called Padiwan speak at all. Sounds and looks like a 12 year old. But the story sounds pretty unimaginative. There's an entire galaxy to do battle in but they keep going back to the same stupid planets. I don't get it. (ie JABBA THE HUTS SON HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! wowsa!)

Offline aRaven

Despite the major suckage I can't fully turn my back on Star Wars... -.-

Despite the major suckage I can't fully turn my back on Star Wars... -.-

So pick up the DVD or watch it on TV.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
What do you folks think woulda happened if Anakin hadn't turned to the Dark side and instead let Mace Windu kill Sidious? Do you think Sidious would really have died?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What do you folks think woulda happened if Anakin hadn't turned to the Dark side and instead let Mace Windu kill Sidious? Do you think Sidious would really have died?
Nah, just UNLIMITED POWAR a bit sooner methinks.

Though, Terran Frakking Command said that when he played Mace Windu, he thought Mace Windu genuinely defeated Palpatine during that duel, just that Palpatine was relying soley on Anakin's betrayal. But that's just Terran Frakking Command, isn't it?

(ie JABBA THE HUTS SON HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED! wowsa!)
Then that's another inconsistency that appears due to Lucas' negligence of the already established Expanded Universe: Jabba the Hutt was smuggling cortosis (lightsaber resistant metal) to the Separatists. At the same time, apparently he was trying to stop Gardola the Hutt who was also supplying the Separatists. And now his son (who mysteriously appears out of the blue) has been kidnapped.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:03:31 am by Snail »

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
*snip*
Who'd have sex with a slug anyway? Who's his wife.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:25:18 am by Stormkeeper »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Who'd have sex with a snail anyway? Who's his wife.
He's a slug, not a Snail. We spit on those shell-less second-class fools.

And besides, I'm pretty sure Hutts are hermaphrodites, like us.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
My bad. Didn't mean to insult you there. I can't believe there was actually a decent Hutt way back in the Old Republic. He was even grand chancellor.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The thing about the Clone Wars movie is that it was never meant as a stand-alone film; it's essentially the first three or four episodes of the upcoming TV series smooshed together and slapped on the big screen.  I've heard mixed reviews about it, but those who like it seem to feel like it recaptures some of the more innocent fun factor that was so painfully absent in the new trilogy.  I figure it might be worth a look-see...at the very least, you get to hear Christopher Lee and Samuel L. some more.