Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 3290 times)

How about having a few of the more useful features of your HUD visible when you hit "*"(aka: descent style)?
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Have you read the suggestion for suggestions topic? I'd say about 5% of the people who read this message knows what you're talking about and what the advantages of this would be...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Screenshots, description, etc would be very helpful :nod:
-C

Descent Style

The viewing mode by whitch your POV is behing the ship you are piloting.

NOTE: I tried describing what I was talking about but it got real confusing, so I setteled for the short version.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Although it loathes me to post in one of your threads:

HUDs for the 3rd person view. Methinks.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Originally posted by demon442
Descent Style

Not everyone has played Descent... Read what WMCoolmon said.

Originally posted by an0n
Although it loathes me to post in one of your threads:

HUDs for the 3rd person view. Methinks.

Exactly!

If you don't wanna post here, don't.

Not everyone has played Descent...

I haven't but it's viewing mode is pretty much common knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2002, 12:36:07 am by 577 »

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Exactly!

A 3D Hud has already been discussed. I suggest you search the boards first.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
A HUD for the 3rd person view. You know when you move the camera outside the ship and trail it? A HUD for that.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

A HUD for the 3rd person view. You know when you move the camera outside the ship and trail it? A HUD for that.

Oh, I see.

See demon442, I didn't know what you were talking about because you didn't explain yourself.

Thanks an0n.

Originally posted by Pegasus V

Oh, I see.

See demon442, I didn't know what you were talking about because you didn't explain yourself.

Thanks an0n.

So what you're saying is that I need an0n to follow me arround and explain things.  Correct?

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

So what you're saying is that I need an0n to follow me arround and explain things.  Correct?

It seems that way doesn't it? Or what would be even better is if you could properly explain what your talking about at the beginning... That would be a start.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by Pegasus V

It seems that way doesn't it? Or what would be even better is if you could properly explain what your talking about at the beginning... That would be a start.

*snaps fingers in an ethnically stereotypical way*
You go girl-friend!
*snaps fingers again*

*snaps fingers in an ethnically stereotypical way*
You go girl-friend!
*snaps fingers again*

rrrrrrrrrrright...

And pegasus, maybe you could be a little more patient and wait for somebody that know what im taking about to speak up?

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

And pegasus, maybe you could be a little more patient and wait for somebody that know what im taking about to speak up?

But you know what you're talking about. Say it first to begin with. I'm not trolling, just making a suggestion to try and help this board. If everyone posted topics like this one, then this forum would be a disaster.

Arguing will get us nowhere, we have inevitebly different views and ways of understanding things.  The way I said it sounded understandable to me, I guess it didn't to others.  But thats life, 9aka: what happens before you die).

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

Not a good tactic to use. If you're suggesting an all-new feature, nothing will get done. Better to have too much description than too little :yes:
-C

Originally posted by WMCoolmon

Not a good tactic to use. If you're suggesting an all-new feature, nothing will get done. Better to have too much description than too little :yes:

Oh well, as an0n ponted out so well:  A HUD for the thrid person view.  Anybody that dosent understand now needs help.

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/

Oh well, as an0n ponted out so well:  A HUD for the thrid person view.  Anybody that dosent understand now needs help.

Insulting people is not going to get you anywhere either. However, you still need to explain your idea, your goals, what needs to be done. It took 10+ posts to spit out your basic idea, but smarten up here. You dont explain yourself, people try to help you, you snap at them. Not the best thing to do. Since your relying on people to do the programming for you, your asking them a favor. Therefor you need to do everything in your power to get things in motion. Insults and vague explinations dont help
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Now that this might have been resolved... My opinion: I think this is a pretty good idea, and a pretty bad idea. It would only be a good idea if you could switch the hud on and off in the outside-ship view. The outside-ship view is mainly used for looking around your vessel to watch you escape an explosion or see who's up your ass. The secondary reason is to take pretty screenshots. If the hud is up when you take a screenshot in this view mode, it may not look that great.

So you'd have to make the '3D HUD' an option that can be toggled on or off. Or you'd have to find a way to take a screenshot without the hud getting on there. Unless we'd make those options available, then all we're really doing is taking functionality away. And you don't want to do that.

Having a 3D HUD would allow easier gameplay in 3rd person PoV, which is graphically more appealing.

If there was one part of the hud that would be needed in 3rd person PoV it would have to be the targetting reticle.