Author Topic: Overload  (Read 27268 times)

These modding tools must be flexible and have universal support to all.
...What does that even mean?

We are hereby building a Descent Kingdom under the reign of the Overlord Overload!  Access to the modding tools must be universal --- men, women, boys and girls --- all must have the ability to create their own robots and levels!  Prepare for Overload!

I am behind this. I declare my support for the new Kingdom! :)

HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORD!

But in all serious next time I have some extra cash I'll chime in (Which will have to be soon), bookmarking for now.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snarks

I upped my pledge from 25 to 35, really hoping this succeeds. I might have to consider raising that to 50 at this rate though.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Watch Luke, Mike, and Matt sit and play some Overload with Josh from Volition on V's Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/dsvolition/v/52165322 (video starts around 11m 20s)

I think Overload looks fantastic, even more Descent like than Descent: Underground. The KS only has 7 days left, needs another $156,500 to reach the goal. I worry with the big push for D:U not that long ago, there might not be as many folks interested in backing another project, but man I really want this one to succeed. I'm upping my pledge to $120, and hope people will continue to spread the word about this present-day Descent title.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Looks great! I'm going to check out the playable teaser that rumor has it is releasing on Monday, and if it feels as good as it looks I might break my rule and back this thing.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Looks great! I'm going to check out the playable teaser that rumor has it is releasing on Monday, and if it feels as good as it looks I might break my rule and back this thing.

Yes, plz do! this must succeed!  :yes:
Stuff

Offline Ulala

The teaser is a lot of fun, feels very much like Descent. I do wish there were more days left in the KS for people to try it.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, I really feel like it would have been a better idea to wait a few weeks, get the teaser ready to go, and then launch the Kickstarter with that as a backer incentive right off the bat.  There's still a chance that the goal will be met, but I think it would have been a far safer bet that way.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Anyone know any other avenues where we can promote this?
Stuff

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Is anyone else have issues with making a pledge?  I have tried on two different browsers with a MasterCard debit card that I used earlier today, so I know it is still a valid card.  They don't take Paypal, and I do not have any credit cards any more.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Is anyone else have issues with making a pledge?  I have tried on two different browsers with a MasterCard debit card that I used earlier today, so I know it is still a valid card.  They don't take Paypal, and I do not have any credit cards any more.

I used a credit card, contact kickstarter and ask maybe
Stuff

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
He has a _debit_ card, not a credit card... iunno if kickstarter accepts them, the evidence would suggest maybe not?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline deathspeed

• Steam
I checked their FAQ and they said debit was OK, so I created a problem ticket with them.  I was just curious if anyone else was having trouble. Thanks!

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I used debit.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
oops, realized I posted in the month-old thread instead of here.

Received access to the playable teaser. Streamed a bit of it earlier today for the IRC folks.

It plays nice, it sounds nice, it looks nice, it feels nice. Not necessarily in that order. I've upgraded my pledge from 35 to 90 bucks.

Really hope it goes through. There's 4 days left and 130k to go, sidekick predicts 87% probability of success. Go donate peeps!
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wow, that looks really good.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Yea. And if the campaign not made it, here is a statement

We've just crossed the 40% level in our campaign ($120,000 pledged) so we want to give everyone an update on how we think things are going.

Looking forward to the final two weeks, we're in ok shape. It will take hard work, but we're confident that with your support we can make it. We've got a lot of cool stuff planned for the coming week. We'll keep showing off the great new content we're adding to Overload, and next week we'll have a very special drop that we think will attract streamers and YouTubers.

The other big component is you -- please continue to spread the word as much as you can! We'd especially like to reach the broader audience of gamers who aren't already 6DOF fans. If you're passionate about this kind of game, tell all your friends why it's so awesome and why they should back Overload.

Several backers have asked what will happen if we don't meet our Kickstarter goal. No matter what happens we won't be giving up on Overload. We've already spent a lot of our own time and money on the project and it's too cool and too far along to give up on.
 But without a successful campaign, it will be very difficult to make Overload the game we envisioned. Specifically:

• The number of levels and robots may be reduced.
 • Overload will not have multiplayer.
 • Overload might only be coming to PC. PS4, XB1, Mac and Linux might not make it.
 • If we still release the level editor, it will be undocumented.
 • Many other small features/items will simply never exist.

The game will still be the best we can make it, but no KS funding means we'll have less development time to work on it. We will likely have to spend valuable time looking for other sources of revenue. It's also less likely Revival will stick together after Overload's release. We would like to do a sequel to Overload and our dream has been to follow it with a space combat game

The last one:
...follow it with a space combat game. The last time they did Freespace! YES!!!
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Ulala

It looks, feels, and plays fantastic. Unfortunately, the KS amount hasn't moved too much over the weekend. Hopefully with the teaser available to the public we'll see an increase in activity, but I'm worried. :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Funding has been accelerating throughout the day. There's still hope, but it'll be a close thing.

Offline deathspeed

• Steam
I checked their FAQ and they said debit was OK, so I created a problem ticket with them.  I was just curious if anyone else was having trouble. Thanks!

Here is part of their response: "Unfortunately, because of the way that your financial institution processes these charges, we’re unable to support your credit card at this time."  They suggested using a pre-paid card with at least a dollar more than my pledge.

I'll feel really crappy if this KS fails by less than the amount i was going to pledge!