Author Topic: HLPX-COM 2: Electric Shot From Deep One Boogaloo  (Read 81862 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: HLPX-COM 2: Electric Shot From Deep One Boogaloo
The alien didn't attack me in the mission before last, because I've been eating the hearts of my kills.  That's how you gain their tasty courage.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Who is in the waiting queue currently?

Aw, seems I am stoppable after all. My clone will have revenge! When a spot opens up anyway.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

The "ressurection" queue or the normal queue?
For hte normal one, check the first two pages of this thread, as peopled applied in a specific order.
IIRC; I should be next in line.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm asking NGTM-1R.  I want to see where Sandwich and Goober5001 are on the queue, because there were a lot of names.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dont' you mean Goober5004? If this is a continuation of hte previos LP that is....

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, because the numbering reset.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I still claim that's a numbering mistake!
You are Goober5003!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Second Lifers and Special Offsite Request are tossed in more or less when I feel like it, though I do try to do mainly first-timers in any particular group of recruits. IronBeer and TrashMan are the two I hauled in to replace our most recent losses.

Not Recruited Yet
Akalabeth Angel (or Devil or something)
The E
LordMelvin
The_Force
deathfun
Alex Heartnet
LHN91
Dilmah G
MatthTheGeek
Dragon (reserve pilot)
Kobrar44
pecenipicek
Madcat
Ravenholme
Col. Fishguts
Rhymes_With_PSYCHO
Hades
Veers
Dekker
Turambar (reserve tanks)
Gortef
ZekeSulstain (who is only on this portion because he registered to make the request here)
Backslash

Second Lifers
Goober5001
Sandwich
SpardaSon22
CommanderDJ 2.0
Scourge of Rages

Special Offsite Request
Argenteus a.k.a. Fox
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Unles you start playing relaly bad, the waiting list will be longer than a rollign stones concert one.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
I got the impression that XCOM is a meatgrinder for new recruits, though.  On any given mission the odds of a squad member dying is pretty good.

Also I should note the game spends a lot of time making hideous spitting noises that are probably related to the encapsulated version of dosbox acting up, but...

Hi again! I found this thread, that may help: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2632578

ZekeSulstain (who is only on this portion because he registered to make the request here)

I resent your implications! >:@

1) You fail at spelling
2) My first post was actually over in the Dimensional Eclipse thread, as noted in that post; in fact the post in here was my 6th!
3) At least I actually posted here with a forum account unlike SOME people on your team!

*wanders off to make a mission involving destroying the SJ NGTM-1R after more futzing with libx52pro/stickshift*

*ZekeSulastin was shortly afterwards eaten by a Xarquid*  :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Barracudas 1 and 2 intercepted a Large UFO in the mid-Atlantic between Africa. The good news is both survived. The bad news is they scored only one hit. The very bad news is that FireSpawn returned to base in the single most damaged Barracuda anyone has ever seen, with one side of the craft simply gone, and Scotty came back with most of his control systems shot and a large hole through the craft where the secondary crew position normally is.

The UFO got through. It has landed on Ascension Island. They hit a resort. Why they'd hit a resort on Ascension when there's RAF Asencision Island, an ESA rocket tracking station, the BBC's major relay for the Atlantic, and one of five ground stations that help operate GPS, I don't know.

In fact why the **** is there even a resort? Ascension was actually the stone frigate “HMS Ascension” and a direct property of the Royal Navy until 1922. Commercial air travel was only inaugurated in 2003 with a cap of six flights a year. Ascension is a dismal place, a volcanic cinder. It doesn't even have native trees, most plant life is imported. The largest native animal is a eleven-centimeter wide land crab.

Anyways, there's a sniper on top of the hotel. We can't get a direct line of sight at him, and mxlm can't reach him with a grenade for some reason. (The game is *****y about the battlescape not only having walls, but also a ceiling which can't be thrown through.)

I'm mainly just hoping he doesn't drop a grenade over the edge.

Our vacationers this time are overweight guys in swim trunks. Do the aliens just hit homosexuals-only resorts? Do they somehow project a field that causes people of one sex to be unable to flee the area? The world may never know.

StarSlayer spots the first alien we can actually engage. He misses, and TrashMan gets his first kill instead. For some reason it was buried up to its waist and when it died it disappeared below ground level. Yeah, explain that to me.

Mongoose, in turn, is the first person to get a good line of sight at the green guy and his giant Sonic Penis Joke Waiting To Happen. He fires...and misses. But somehow the alien never wakes up to incoming fire and even turns around and looks without shooting. Mongoose gets him next turn.

BlueFlames climbs the stairs and discovers he was lucky not to be shot in the back. Possibly because the alien wasted all its TUs trying to kill a civilian and failing. He kills it. Meanwhile outside, MP-Ryan has the grass under his feet blown away by a Sonic Cannon round as he advances, but it missed. He grabs cover and throws a flare, illuminating the alien for Jack to drop with a center chest shot. Shouldn't have come out of your bunker, buddy.

The tank spots, and StarSlayer kills, an alien, there's other one is out of everyone's line of sight for some reason. Even the tank, which is the one spotting it. Then when Mongoose does kill it, it disappears beneath ground level. What the ****, TFTD!

Missed BlueFlames with a reaction shot, he didn't miss back. Whoops!

Would you prefer to meet StarSlayer or an alien in a dark alley? Either way, somebody dies. I thought it would be StarSlayer, when his one hit didn't drop the target, but improbably the alien didn't return fire on its own turn. TFTD is glitchy as hell today. StarSlayer got it on the next turn.

Aww man stop getting your electrically charged gunk all over the tank! It doesn't work and I don't even want to know what organ it came from.

Then TrashMan shoots the tank in the back while trying to kill the alien. Mongoose takes over and does it correctly with a shot at over forty squares.

Watsisname found an alien. And died, in here, in another bizarre bunker structure. Conjugal visit rooms? World's worst mazes? Created solely to kill my soldiers? I want to know!

Teleporting again. Might have been dangerous if not for the arcing path the shots from these critters follows meant he shot the ceiling instead of BlueFlames. Ironbeer gets the kill.

So an alien opens the door, sees Jack, and walks away. What. On his own turn, Jack follows and shoots it in the face twice.

Moai make rude gestures.

mxlm also comes around this corner and gets shot, but falls down unconcious rather than dead. MP-Ryan is next and kills the alien, some green-skinned cock-jockey with a pistol. Then MP-Ryan remembers that mxlm was carrying an armed grenade and just manages to grab it and activate the safety features before it goes off.

Mission Complete.

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The very bad news is that FireSpawn returned to base in the single most damaged Barracuda anyone has ever seen, with one side of the craft simply gone, and Scotty came back with most of his control systems shot and a large hole through the craft where the secondary crew position normally is.

The Award of the Mechanic's Nightmare

The award itself was a gray statuette of a HLPX-COM mechanic with a wrench uprased as a weapon. The mechanic's expression was of pure, if silly, rage.

Oh, and thanks for the spotting Spoon!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:43:16 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I hope Scotty didn't come back as part of his Barracuda. :nervous:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Then TrashMan shoots the tank in the back while trying to kill the alien.
This again!?  :mad:

Aww man stop getting your electrically charged gunk all over the tank! It doesn't work and I don't even want to know what organ it came from.
eeww

Oh, and thanks for the spotting Spoon!
my pleasure
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline watsisname

Nooooooooooooooo!

My ghost shall haunt the **** out of this accursed bunker on this accursed island. :V

Godspeed, Spoon!  May the electric goo never tarnish your shiny hull!
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
If it's a bunker.

A Feddie Story