Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87514 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It always had a nose, but ok.

More of a nose, then; the other one wasn't nearly as pronounced.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It always had a nose, but ok.

More of a nose, then; the other one wasn't nearly as pronounced.
Dunno what you're talking about, the old one was like a nose that starts way too high on the forehead, which was fairly ugly.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
It's bigger.

And now you're agreeing with me it's more facey?

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

It's bigger.

And now you're agreeing with me it's more facey?
Talking about the old one, bro.

And you don't know a single damn thing you're talking about.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

So let's see.

You said the old one had the nose start up the forehead. And I got that.  You indeed claimed you fixed that fact. So now it looks more like a face because it starts lower, which is more like a face.

And it's definitely more distinct; it's raised higher and it's not as broad, drawing more attention by the fact that it's not the vast majority of the front end. So it looks more like a nose.

So apparently, you're just lying.

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
. . . Seriously?

Let Hades build the model. If it has a face, and you don't like it, you have a perfectly usable model that's been around for ages.

It does kind of look like a scowling angry face, and it does kind of look like a battering ram, and I fail to see why either of those is a problem.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Let Hades build the model. If it has a face, and you don't like it, you have a perfectly usable model that's been around for ages.

I don't actually have much of an opinion on the subject, except that Hades makes giggleworthy attempts to misrepresent things.

If you want to know what I think is actually beyond merely amusingly silly to actively weird about this, it's that large sections have been scooped out of the armor plate on parts of the ship that would be facing the enemy while it engages.

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

So let's see.

You said the old one had the nose start up the forehead. And I got that.  You indeed claimed you fixed that fact. So now it looks more like a face because it starts lower, which is more like a face.
You post seemed to indicate that you thought I was talking about my own with the 'So you agree with me that it's more facey?' which is why I pointed that out.

And it's definitely more distinct; it's raised higher and it's not as broad, drawing more attention by the fact that it's not the vast majority of the front end. So it looks more like a nose.

So apparently, you're just lying.
Yeah, because I actually see more of a nose in the older model than mine, that makes me a liar? K.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Based on the context of the discussion, whether or not it has the appearance of a face is not important. Furthermore, trying to prove whether or not Hades was lying about fixing said appearance is even less important. Instead let's please continue meaningful discussion about the model.

I expect to see no further posts on this current train of thought.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Agreed. No WIP thread should start having multiple splits from it, that's just....*sighs*

Really liking the progress so far. Starting to look more like a war machine that means business and serves a purpose rather than a (albeit good looking) cardboard construct.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Indeed, looking forward to seeing the completed mesh and texture!
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This may be too far along in the design process to be relevant, but in the original, the central strip of the forward dorsal is raised above the outer portions.  You could perhaps retain this feature in your upgrade by raising the portions inboard of the groove, which houses the the turrets, or by dropping the outer portions to achieve the same effect.  I also feel that the groove is a bit too wide, but these are just my opinions.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
That part of the model was cut off. That's where all those windows would be.
Are those coming back at some point?

I would assume so since being able to hide in that wee spot alters the balance somewhat. I think I actually prefer it without the windows all scrunched up in there, the current HTL looks really messy in that area, something I hope Hades can rectify.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Darn, I wish I could do that! Too bad that I have dial-up! ;p
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
If I had Cable, I would gladly download SCP and FS0, but for now I'll just be the spectator that enjoys your hardwork!
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Darn, I wish I could do that! Too bad that I have dial-up! ;p

Holy hell bro, there's places in Somalia that have freaking broadband! :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's never really happened, but there's been talk in the past about setting up a torrent for official releases, which would really help people with crappy connections.  In the meantime, Firstdragon, if you have any friends who have broadband, hand 'em a flash drive and make 'em download for you. :p

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
If you guys want ship ideas, I'm your man, but could some one post a picture of the HTL Rahksasha. I hear it is quite extraordinary.

If you guys want ship ideas, I'm your man, but could some one post a picture of the HTL Rahksasha. I hear it is quite extraordinary.

Dude, it has it's own thread just a few doors down. Stop with the derails.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I visited it very recently, but the picture was removed by someone else. I'm sorry if I move off topic. I wish I knew more about your guys HTL language.

I'm also very new here as well.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:52:27 pm by Firstdragon34 »