Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87558 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Thank you, Ulala.
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

It's like all I've ever wanted to see on a Deimos.

And now you make me want to have 3d ship name plaques rather than decals. :E

Well hello there, welcome back, Deimos!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Owww, I wuv the Deimos.
I must say that the nameplate geometry makes it feel like a real ship. I wish we had the tools to implement something like that :S
And dude, the massive greebling on the frontal cavity of the rear engine feels a little too noisy.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
And dude, the massive greebling on the frontal cavity of the rear engine feels a little too noisy.
I love it. Gives the ship a sense of scale.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Hades

That's one of the parts that VA worked on and it is utterly magnificent in my opinion, it makes me envious of his skill.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
that looks impressive nice work to all involved
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
Potato!

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

If you look at the normal Deimos there's a texture there that tries to greeble up the area, I think this model does a far better job of it imho. Good work Hades and to all involved, I've been holding my breath for this beast!

Offline Hades

Updated the front a tad bit and added some more details, added some more details to the third engine bank as well.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Aesaar

**** I hate those engine nozzles on this thing.  They just don't mesh well with your style, Hades.  Too sharp edged and angular.

And everyone who disagrees is completely wrong!  Pay no attention to them, they're only trying to convert you to their ways of wrongness, like the wrong people they are.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Disregard the heretic Aesaar. He just mad at your l33t skillz. :p

Offline Hades

Disregard the heretic Aesaar. He just mad at your l33t skillz. :p
Those are uh, his nozzles. He made them.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ok, ok. I get it, the greebling stays. I still think it's a little too noisy thou.
el hombre vicio...

I like these multi part turrets :) Some areas still need some attention, but I'm sure they will be properly filled with armour plates, pipes and other details soon.

NECROPOS- wait

Man that's awesome.

Offline Kolgena

Looks great. I especially like how the head feels like he front of the Hecate. Greebles are not too noisy, and pipes in the back are just as hilariously illogical as ever.

Noisy or not, when the textures come everything will look properly ;P