Off-Topic Discussion > Arts & Talents

The War Begins: Uniting The Factions

(1/11) > >>

Assassin714:
This is the second part of The Final War for the Multiverse. Part 1 and important background information can be found here.

This is a more interactive thread where everyone who chooses to join will participate as a player, in command of a ship or fleet.

If you wish to join, write a short character profile, and please specify what ship(s) you have and what universe you start in.

Available universes include:

- Original FS/FS2 universe
- Inferno Universe
- Blue Planet Universe
- Blue Planet alternate (Shivan victory) universe
- Sync Universe
- Transcend Universe
- Twisted Infinities Universe
- Mindgames Universe
- Babylon 5 Universe
- Cold Element Universe
- Wings of Dawn Universe
- Neo-Terra Victorious Universe
- Homesick Universe
- Star Wars Universe
- Machina Terra Universe
- Dimensional Eclipse Universe
- Destiny of Peace Universe
- Between the Ashes Universe
- Homeworld Universe
- Chandrasekhar Universe (the universe in which the events of Part 1 take place)
- Halo Universe
- Teeth of the Tiger Universe
- Syrk universe
- The Antagonist Universe
- Scroll of Atankharzim Universe
- Battlestar Galactica Universe
- Wing Commander Universe
- Reciprocity Universe
- Assassin Universe (original universe containing races including Colonizers, Lyyg, Varc, Umbrans, and Weer)

Other universe are available but you would have to request them and I will tell you if they can be part of the story or not.

There are restrictions on what races you can play as, and how powerful/numerous your fleets can be. This isn't a war that will be won by direct force of arms - rather, clever strategy, negotiation, and teamwork is required.

Races/beings that are off-limits to players (others might be included, which is why I will have to approve your profiles before you can join the game):

- Shivans
- Vishnans
- The Transcendant
- The Great Darkness
- Brahmans
- Colonizers
- Umbrans
- Weer
- First Ones (Babylon 5)
- Mahasu Coalition
- Nightmares

Captured/reverse-engineered ships and technology from these races can be used, however, if you can obtain it.

Tips:

- Try to start in a universe with other players, or with factions that have access to multiversal transit technology, so you can coordinate with allies across universes.
- I would recommend against playing as a highly belligerent race/faction, as uniting against the Shivans will be very difficult if you are constantly fighting your potential allies.

In-depth Tips:

Spoiler:- The Vishnans are currently engaged in a defensive war - they have their hands full and are unlikely to provide any direct military assistance. However, they could prove helpful in other ways.
- The Umbrans are one of the most advanced and powerful races in the multiverse, and could be invaluable allies. However, they are also a supremely arrogant race, to the point where they refuse to communicate with or even acknowledge the existence of lifeforms that they consider inferior to themselves. To gain their cooperation it would make sense to do so via a proxy, if you can ally with another faction of comparable sophistication. Failing that, you will have to do something to impress them, which is quite difficult.
- The Mahasu Coalition is a wildcard. While they are technically Shivan, they are quite unlike any Shivans you may be familiar with. It might be possible to negotiate with them and gain their help to sabotage the Shivans from the inside, but on the other hand they might betray you and turn you over to the Shivans. Dealing with them is a gamble.
- The Colonizers are a race of machines that are incredibly powerful, intelligent, and adaptive. However, they lack understanding of things like individuality, diplomacy, art, religion, etc. They exist only to carry out their primary programmed directive - multiply and colonize as many planets as possible, destroying any other lifeforms they encounter. In other words, they can't be allied or negotiated with - at best they can serve you as an obstacle/distraction for the Shivans
- The Weer are... weird. They are shapeshifters who are technologically primitive, but only because their natural abilities are so powerful and versatile that they never had any reason to develop advanced technology. What's more, their psychology is completely alien. Typical diplomatic strategies will prove useless here.
- The Trishula is the most powerful Shivan warship ever created. It possesses capabilities that are quite literally beyond Terran comprehension. Engaging it directly (or at all) without powerful allies and a carefully crafted plan is tantamount to suicide. However, if it could be destroyed, it would deal a crippling blow to the Shivan war machine.
- Necrospace, the new weapon the Shivans are using, is not something they created, but rather something they discovered. It is incredibly dangerous and even the Shivans themselves do not truly understand its potential. In fact, attempting to weaponize it like they have is an incredibly foolish plan that could easily backfire on them.
- Many of the Astra weapons cannot be countered by conventional technology and tactics (i.e. nothing you can start with). Obtaining ways to defend against these weapons should be a high priority.

Nightmare:

--- Quote ---- Twisted Infinities Universe
- Mindgames Universe
- Machina Terra Universe
- Reciprocity Universe
--- End quote ---

Huh? Where did you obtain knowledge about these campaigns? I'm just wondering. :) AFAIK MT was the only of the campaigns mentioned that released their design docs publical; and TI and MG are actually still secret. Or is it just about the backstory of these campaigns?

Assassin714:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on September 09, 2018, 06:08:16 pm ---
--- Quote ---- Twisted Infinities Universe
- Mindgames Universe
- Machina Terra Universe
- Reciprocity Universe
--- End quote ---

Huh? Where did you obtain knowledge about these campaigns? I'm just wondering. :) AFAIK MT was the only of the campaigns mentioned that released their design docs publical; and TI and MG are actually still secret. Or is it just about the backstory of these campaigns?

--- End quote ---

Just the backstory and the species and stuff. This is of course an original story so nothing in it is canon to any released or unreleased campaigns, which means I can improvise somewhat.

Autohummer:
Can I join using the R-Type Universe (specifically R-Type Tactics 2 universe)? It would be interesting to see how R-Type's omnicidal, enigmatic villains, the Bydo, interacts with the equally omnicidal and enigmatic Shivans, especially given the Bydo's backstory and origins. Not to mention I have been looking for an excuse to slap an R-9A cockpit on a Hercules for some time. If not, a Homeworld 2 Hiigaran flotilla commander, set immediately after the events of the game, is fine too.

Assassin714:

--- Quote from: Autohummer on September 13, 2018, 10:36:10 am ---Can I join using the R-Type Universe (specifically R-Type Tactics 2 universe)? It would be interesting to see how R-Type's omnicidal, enigmatic villains, the Bydo, interacts with the equally omnicidal and enigmatic Shivans, especially given the Bydo's backstory and origins. Not to mention I have been looking for an excuse to slap an R-9A cockpit on a Hercules for some time.
--- End quote ---

I'm not familiar enough with that setting so sorry.

--- Quote ---If not, a Homeworld 2 Hiigaran flotilla commander, set immediately after the events of the game, is fine too.
--- End quote ---

That is definitely doable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version