Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Buy Bard's Tale 4 - Get Freespace 3?

(1/5) > >>

karajorma:
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/brian-fargo-wants-to-buy-back-interplay-1202944111/

Well, I don't know how much hope there would be of the 2nd half but this is a rather interesting proposition. Apparently one of the founders of Interplay who later left the company has stated that if Bard's Tale 4 does really well he'll attempt to buy back the remains of Interplay so that he can make games from the IP they've been hoarding like a moribund dragon.

Now while I don't know much about Bard's Tale 4, I remember putting hours into the first one so this has got me a little interested in the game. If you were already interested BT4 and you're a member of any other sites which are devoted to other Interplay games, it might be worth spreading the news.

Nightmare:
I don't see how this should lead to FS3, apart from Interplays hoarded IPs changing owner. :(

karajorma:
It's a long shot. But less long than with Interplay owning the rights.

Snarks:
If Bard's Tale 4 is something you want, by all means buy it. But I question whether or not FS3 being produced in such a manner would be satisfying at all.

karajorma:
I could definitely live with a big budget TV War prequel or Silent Threat done right even if we already have those in the community. A spiritual successor rather than a conclusion to the series. :v: are pretty smart and would probably avoid trying to follow on from FS2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version