Author Topic: What fun is yet to come? :D  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Creash

What fun is yet to come? :D
Hey WCS Development Team,

First off, GREAT job so far!   :D  Looks great...flows well (though the voice acting is kinda 'meh')...and is a blast to guarantee repeat gameplay and lots of freelance FREDing.

Was just curious if you could give us a lil' overview of what's coming along with your current work on the Wing Commander Project for future installments as we move from 'Prologue' to 'The Main Event'.  We don't need detailed info per say and understand if there's some things that are still kind of up in the air.  How about just some lil' stuff such as:

1)  How many new fighters and new starships roughly are expected to come with next update?  Also, will there be starbases?

2)  Reeeeally really vague estimate of when the next installment download of new content may be available.  We understand that you can't and probably shouldn't make promises or guarantees of when you'll come close to a 'projected release time', but some time frame like X-Y months will keep us eager and checking the forums!  :lol:

3)  Are you working on making the pre-mission ship selection and weapon load-out screen following Breifing available in your future works?

4)  In terms of custom made FRED missions, only around a total of 4 fighter craft are currently available for player use, and all Confederation vessels only.  In the coming patches/expansions/downloads, will you make it possible to fly any fighter craft of our choosing...such as various Kilrathi Fighters and those of Civilians/Pirates?  Currently the only way to fly as the Kilrathi is to 'pretend' your Hobbes or something in a hijakced Arrow helping out Kilrathi allies  :p  My biggest hope is to here about Topic #4 here as I am eager to fly these ships, and also hope with more craft being added....we'd have access to fly any of those as well and not be confined to certain Confederation ships.

Anything you can give us the 'down low' on would be great!   :lol:  I love just FREDing what's currently available and can't wait for the number of options to increase even more.  Great job and keep up the good work.  We appreciate everything you've done  :yes:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: What fun is yet to come? :D
1)  How many new fighters and new starships roughly are expected to come with next update?  Also, will there be starbases?

There will be starbases. I can't give an exact number of available ships, but you can expect that current numbers will be trippled.

2)  Reeeeally really vague estimate of when the next installment download of new content may be available.  We understand that you can't and probably shouldn't make promises or guarantees of when you'll come close to a 'projected release time', but some time frame like X-Y months will keep us eager and checking the forums!  :lol:

To be honest: I have no idea. It really depends on how many FREDers work on the main campaign. But there will be additional content: Older models, which won't be used in the game (for example, the Broadsword bomber), available for download.

3)  Are you working on making the pre-mission ship selection and weapon load-out screen following Breifing available in your future works?

Yeah. Sandman will have free access to weapons selection in the last part of the campaign + simulator missions.

4)  In terms of custom made FRED missions, only around a total of 4 fighter craft are currently available for player use, and all Confederation vessels only.  In the coming patches/expansions/downloads, will you make it possible to fly any fighter craft of our choosing...such as various Kilrathi Fighters and those of Civilians/Pirates?  Currently the only way to fly as the Kilrathi is to 'pretend' your Hobbes or something in a hijakced Arrow helping out Kilrathi allies  :p  My biggest hope is to here about Topic #4 here as I am eager to fly these ships, and also hope with more craft being added....we'd have access to fly any of those as well and not be confined to certain Confederation ships.

This is ... currently an option for the multiplayer, but not single player.

I love just FREDing what's currently available and can't wait for the number of options to increase even more.

Then you might be interested in a job, eh? :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Creash

Then you might be interested in a job, eh? :)

Currently in negotiations with Starman01 who approached me when I showed interest in joining HPL in a previous post.  I first want to check to see if the Babylon Project has any openings just to see where my options are.  My first love is B5, though of course in the epic days of when Wing Commander III came out, it was WC back in the day  :lol:

However, regardless of which way I go (most likely to help WCS), I want to volunteer as a Voice Actor.  I feel the current actors are lacking a little bit and would hope I could help in this regard.  I am also well-versed in the program GoldWave and can do some pretty nifty things to .wave files.  I have in fact for a previous campaign I created a few years back altered the various aspects of my voice to create around 7 different and distinct voices for 7 different characters, all played by me!  :lol: 

Defiantly want to put my interest in Voice Acting as well as helping with Voice Acting Auditions/Screening on the table, but most likely I'll also be joining the WCS Team!  :)

Offline Creash

In retrospect, hearing that The Babylon Project is also hiring, I wonder if you folks in the WCS Team would be willing to take a risk on me working on both projects.  I love both genres and feel that I'd really want to help out in each.  Instead of 10 missions each, perhaps I could go 5 and 5 to start. 

I am a dedicated FREDer and this kind of work would be more fun than anything for me  :lol:  Feel free to send me PMs with your thoughts and feelings, and if this option is actually possible.

Also, who do I talk to about getting into WCS as a Voice Actor?  This I can do easily on the side regardless of what project(s) I sign up on on my own time.  Also, are there openings to help in writting the story/screenplay for the campaign, or a way  I could help contribute to a degree?  I have 2 yrs. of study in film at the S.I. Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University under my belt as with a number of years in live theatre and creative writting.  I'm eager and just waiting to get my hands dirty!  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:41:10 am by Creash »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
In retrospect, hearing that The Babylon Project is also hiring, I wonder if you folks in the WCS Team would be willing to take a risk on me working on both projects.  I love both genres and feel that I'd really want to help out in each.  Instead of 10 missions each, perhaps I could go 5 and 5 to start. 

I am a dedicated FREDer and this kind of work would be more fun than anything for me  :lol:  Feel free to send me PMs with your thoughts and feelings, and if this option is actually possible.

Personally I have no objections.

As to voice acting/sound editing part. Let's see. I think we could put your skills to a good use there as well. 

-WC Saga's beta tester