Author Topic: Half-Life 2: Episode One  (Read 12523 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Bought it through Steam, downloaded seamlessly (though of course it did take a considerable amount of time), and just finished it. IMO, quite worth the money - more than HL2 was, even.

Has anyone else played it?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:07:01 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: Half-Life 2: Episode One
finished it, played it thru, gotten it for 0.00$, etc...

well, pretty sweet, and zombines were... well, they scared the crap out of me, even more then the fast zombies. and then, those dog-looking creatures... GAAAHH!!! i dont know how i'll be able to play ep2 when it comes out.

overally, pretty fun and worth the bugging to get it to work properly without paying for it. might even play thru it the second time. i really liked it truth to be told.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Old.

You should know better Sandwich, use the search.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
This might be a stupid question, but do you need an internet connection to play Half-Life 2 et al?

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Yep... that is a stupid question. :p

You can either get it via the rather illegitimate way pecenipicek did, i'm sure he'd be glad to enlighten you as to how he accomplished that, otherwise you'll need an online connection to Steam in order to install/activate it. Well worth it, IMO. As fun if not considerable more so than vanilla HL2, and the added commentary mode is surprisingly entertaining.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I played throught it, found it quite enjoyable.
Good 4-6 hours of fun. 
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
Yep... that is a stupid question. :p

You can either get it via the rather illegitimate way pecenipicek did, i'm sure he'd be glad to enlighten you as to how he accomplished that, otherwise you'll need an online connection to Steam in order to install/activate it. Well worth it, IMO. As fun if not considerable more so than vanilla HL2, and the added commentary mode is surprisingly entertaining.

Well,  I feel like an idiot. I was referring to the activation process. That's something that really irks me about Steam. When I buy a game like HL2, i.e. a decent singleplayer game of any genre, it's generally to play by myself. The only multiplayer game I've played a lot in recent memory is BF2.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You're the minority; either Steam's statistics-gatherer is borked, or only 20% of the people who got it actually bothered to finish it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
If this is similar to HL2, I certainly can't blame them. :p

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
I just played through it this morning. Was okay I guess.

I'll probably go through with the commentary mode on next.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i played it, the game itself felt like it had actual subtance to it, and it was longer (felt like it) than pariah, which was a full game, and not episodic  :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played throught it, found it quite enjoyable.
Good 4-6 hours of fun. 

Enjoyable, yes. Finished it in half the time, tough.

Still, I didn't like the original HalfLife one bit. But i really enjoy the second chapter. And i can't wait to get my hand on Episode Two.
----------------------------------------------
GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class
Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol
----------------------------------------------
"I'm an engineer!"

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken