FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Toggleable scripted mouse (v. 0.9)

<< < (14/14)

wookieejedi:
Yeah, there wasn't really a feasible way to fix that slight flickering, which isn't too bad as you mentioned. Glad it's useful for you!

jr2:
If you found a way to hide the cursor, isn't it flicking in / out some sort of bug?  Or is it a byproduct of the way it was hidden?

wookieejedi:
Bit of a by-product the way it was hidden. Honestly in my tests I didn't see any flickering, but it is possible I suppose that it could flicker somewhat randomly on other machines if the FPS slightly changes (the cursor flickering would not be a constant thing, and from the report seems like it happens very sporadically).

jr2:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on July 01, 2020, 08:44:14 pm ---Bit of a by-product the way it was hidden. Honestly in my tests I didn't see any flickering, but it is possible I suppose that it could flicker somewhat randomly on other machines if the FPS slightly changes (the cursor flickering would not be a constant thing, and from the report seems like it happens very sporadically).

--- End quote ---

So capping the FPS or locking it in some way should fix it?

wookieejedi:
Possibly...I'm not entirely sure since I couldn't reproduce the bug on my end to test if FPS capping would work. I should note that I do play the game with FPS capped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version