Announcements > Announcements

Donations

(1/28) > >>

Sandwich:
We really didn't want it to get to this, but a couple of recent events have forced our hand. First off, our webhost is sucking. Badly, as I'm sure many of you have noticed. We want it to stop sucking. We want a webhost that doesn't go down every few days - heck, that's why we left GameSpy's free hosting a couple of years back in the first place. However, a server that can handle the strain that HLP puts on a system, one from a reliable webhost, costs considerably more than we're paying now.

Secondly, you may have noticed a distinct lack of Google advertisements in the past couple of days. Google discovered that the account we were using was "connected" in some way to our previous account (which had been shut down due to fraudulent clicks) and shut it down as well. Our ad income had been enough to cover monthly costs (on our current, sucky server), and usually a wee bit more, depending on the month. Without it though, we're kinda up a creek without a subspace drive. We're not sure where to turn for advertising income (we'd rather have no ads than annoying, invasive, flashy, PITA ads), so if anyone has any suggestions, let us know - preferably some advertising system that doesn't require a US Social Security number, US tax ID, etc, since 90% of us are not from the US.

Therefore, without any further ado, we have decided to accept donations.

Finally, if some of you would like to support HLP on an ongoing monthly basis, please let us know what kind of sums you're thinking of and we'll get it set up (unfortunately, I cannot set up a monthly recurring payment button in PayPal where the amount per month is left open for the donator to decide - we have to set the amount ahead of time).

Mobius:
Do you accept Euros?
How much money do you need?

Fury:
PayPal accepts at least US, Canadian and Australian dollars, Euros, Yens and Pound Sterlings. Optimally, and I say again, optimally we would love to receive $2400 every 12 months or $200 every month. However, $1200 every 12 months or $100 every month is little more than enough to afford at least a decent dedicated server.

If you need to convert currencies, use The Universal Currency Converter.

Mobius:
I'm under 18,but I'll do my best...
We are 4800,2 dollars per member(but I'm including non active members too).

Fury:
If you can and are willing to donate, even a small donation does help. :) But don't worry if you cannot. :)

Also, both HLP and GW admins are intending to come into an agreement to share a dedicated server because we both will have to rely on donations. If you want to donate, you can either donate to HLP or GW and in the end it should help both. It is possible that this joint-project won't succeed, but it is in our best interests to make it happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version