Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 244408 times)

Hmm, in addition to having scrollbars on the highlights, they aren't even functioning. I can scroll down half a line, then the site decides that I'm apparently trying to drag the highlight box. Whatever causes this, removing the scrollbars should remove any urge to scroll the boxes :P

Firefox 17.0.1 on Ubuntu.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Luis Dias

Shouldn't even have scrollbars in the first place. Perhaps give it an extra 10 pixels or smth?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And now the highlights are in two rows! What's drivin this thing? :p
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Not sure if this counts as a "theme" issue, but on the main hard-light page, the IRC link is broken.

This.. is... interesting. Highlights are still in one row for me, but. On one of my machines, the highlights are still the same as ever (see top of page), but on the other one the boxes are scaled to their contents. See attachment. Both machines are running FF18, and I did force-refresh (Ctrl-F5) on both to make sure they're up to date. How is this even possible?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Colored text ignores spoiler boxes.  A post in the WIH Discussion thread has colored text showing through a spoiler box.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why would someone put colored text in a spoiler box anyway? :confused:

That's probably expected behavior.  The spoiler box affects the plain text color, but if somebody overrides it to use their own color, that will show through.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Ya, sounds like intended behavior to me.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm also seeing the scrollbar on Chromium 22.0.1210.0, but otherwise, I don't really have any issues with it. The highlights change colour when I hover my mouse over them, and they work flawlessly when I click on them.

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, the Highlights have a max height set I believe, and if the descriptive text is too long, it causes a scrollbar. Currently, because of the retarded way we use the forums to generate highlights, the fix is to make sure that the text is short. :p In the longer run, though, I'm wanting to change the highlights thing entirely.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

In the longer run, though, I'm wanting to change the highlights thing entirely.
That would be good, 'cuz the TBP highlight exposes another oddity :P

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
In the longer run, though, I'm wanting to change the highlights thing entirely.
That would be good, 'cuz the TBP highlight exposes another oddity :P

What was because there was an extra linebreak in that highlight's forum post. *facepalm* Fixed.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
firefox.

Confirmed, on Windows as well as Ubuntu.
Confirmed on Windows Chrome.

Also, on my (Android) Samsung Galaxy II, if I click on the User Name bar to log in, it also fills in my password as I type. Browser is Dolphin.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Is all link text that has not been visited yet, including topic titles and page numbers and intra-forum/intra-topic links, supposed to be a bright blue?

EDIT: It disappeared when I posted and then the News text became red on a blue background...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
fixed, but the news thing text is red or something and it's kind of hard on the eyes.

edit: :yes:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:29:05 pm by Polpolion »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yeah, sorry... was trying to resolve one issue, and it had adverse effects on other stuff.

This forum theme is so convoluted, I'm extremely tempted to create a new one from scratch. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
firefox.

Confirmed, on Windows as well as Ubuntu.
Confirmed on Windows Chrome.

Also, on my (Android) Samsung Galaxy II, if I click on the User Name bar to log in, it also fills in my password as I type. Browser is Dolphin.

All you people having odd z-index issues (elements appearing on top of other elements), have you emptied out your cache and force-refreshed? I'm unable to duplicate the issue...

Also, my Android phone is currently out of commission, so I can't test things there ATM. I'll try to fix this after I get it back.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
so yeah, there's a rather violent combo of neon red on sky blue happening on each new page until i refresh... anything to do for that except refresh every time it pops up?

nevermind, it's done destroying my eyesight now.
I like to stare at the sun.

All you people having odd z-index issues (elements appearing on top of other elements), have you emptied out your cache and force-refreshed? I'm unable to duplicate the issue...
It's gone now indeed... I'm pretty sure I force-refreshed before confirming it, too.

Also, general reminder to people: always force-refresh (usually Ctrl-F5) before complaining here :P

Offline Yarn

Could the text entry boxes be changed back to black? Also, the font size of drop-downs has shrunk for some reason.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178