Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

New theme issues

<< < (134/135) > >>

Androgeos Exeunt:
The [yt] tag apparently breaks automatic smileys. This post is getting the same issue as the post I linked to above.

Sandwich:
That's a odd thing with the YT tags... I'll try to look into that this week.

As for ads, I'm simply not seeing a white box in my Android phone, but I do know what you're talking about, Fury. I'm trying to get a clear picture of what the deal is with them before I just remove it though. Please bear with it some more... and remind me in a week if you haven't heard anything. :p

Fury:
Encountered a bug. Every time a poll is edited by whoever created it and is not a moderator, edit resets some of the poll's settings to default. I searched SMF forums and bug tracker and came up with nothing, so this leads me to ask whether this is a bug in the HLP theme or forum settings. Many of the settings that should be visible when editing a poll are missing, these settings are visible when creating new poll or when moderator edits the poll.

Poll layout is weird. Poll option texts are under poll checkbox, making it unnecessarily harder to see what's what.

Noticed that a critical SMF security update has been available for over a week now as well. Might want to check other apps have their security updates too.

Sandwich:

--- Quote from: Fury on September 22, 2013, 02:06:41 am ---Encountered a bug. Every time a poll is edited by whoever created it and is not a moderator, edit resets some of the poll's settings to default. I searched SMF forums and bug tracker and came up with nothing, so this leads me to ask whether this is a bug in the HLP theme or forum settings. Many of the settings that should be visible when editing a poll are missing, these settings are visible when creating new poll or when moderator edits the poll.

Poll layout is weird. Poll option texts are under poll checkbox, making it unnecessarily harder to see what's what.

Noticed that a critical SMF security update has been available for over a week now as well. Might want to check other apps have their security updates too.

--- End quote ---

The thing with SMF theming (and this has been the main thing discouraging me from doing anything in-depth) is that they do not have any sort of disconnect between form and function. So as we continue using this theme (which IIRC was based on SMF 2 RC2 I think?) and the forums continue to be updated with new patches, there will be a growing disconnect between the functionality provided and expected by the forum code, and the features that the theme has built in.

WRT your specific issue, can you switch to the default SMF theme and see if the issue still occurs there? Barring that, give me a clear report of what settings specifically aren't carrying through, and I'll try to investigate.

Fury:
These options aren't visible in default SMF theme either. But it's shocking how much cleaner the default SMF theme is. HLP theme has so many layout and color issues. I think I'll use the default theme for now.

I can't give you a list of what's missing because I can't see them, duh. All I know is that the option to allow re-voting is missing when poll is edited by non-moderator, which forces the setting back to default (which is off).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version